Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Utter confusion in Chicago  (Read 721 times)

Ben P_89

• Former member
Utter confusion in Chicago
« on: June 29, 2014, 11:57:24 AM »
Afternoon all,

Wondering if I may ask a question?! I have seen a remarkable opportunity from Chicago Midway airport and have initially started with 4x Boeing 737-500's serving nothing but the major airports.

Now with respect, I've done enough of these airlines to at least get the ball rolling, all I've never been able to do is turn my respective company into a major AWS powerhouse!

Now my question is, I've done everything the exact same as I always have done yet after just 2 sim weeks I have a CI of -4  :o I have good marketing, fleet of average 7yrs old, reduced airfares and the a/c are all maintained. Am I being blind to something here? Confused as to what I have missed!

Many Thanks,
Ben - CEO MidJet US
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 12:14:48 PM by Ben P_89 »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: What the hell??
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 12:02:41 PM »
Please edit the subject of the message, that's not appropriate.

For the Company Image .. if it goes down, your marketing efforts are not big enough. However if you have excessive delays/cancellations or unmotivated staff, this will also drive down the image faster.

So to simplify - the marketing drives it up, but negative events like cancellations push it down and the more you have those the more you must compensate by making bigger marketing campaigns.

Ben P_89

• Former member
Re: Utter confusion in Chicago
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 12:29:17 PM »
Done  :) apologies!

Yeh I have a reasonably active marketing department - nothing more or less than I usually throw out, also I have the standard same delays you would expect - nothing major and in the last 2 game days it's dropped further to -6

So confused. I've rescheduled to try cut delays - I've added more marketing, taken a bit more off airfares...

The aircraft are returning about $150,000 a week profit each... :-\

Many Thanks,
Ben - CEO MidJet US

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 12:30:57 PM »
DOn't lower prices, it doesn't pay. Also no image effect.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 12:37:18 PM »
Checked your airline and the on-time performance is very poor actually..

Average punctuality only ~45%, on average 35 min per flight delays, and 13.6% of flights cancelled.

Probably because of that one plane that was in 59% condition, but now in maintenance already. Anything below ~80% is a hazard...

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 01:08:11 PM »
DOn't lower prices, it doesn't pay. Also no image effect.

Not entirely true on prices, but you're right it has no image effect.  I've found if you depart at 2am you will get 0% load factors at 100% pricing and 100% load factors at 60% pricing :)

Ben P_89

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 02:10:47 PM »
Thanks all,

sami, to rectify this I have re scheduled 2 of my now 5 a/c to give an extra 10mins after each flight and during turnaround. I have checked the a/c in maintainence and dare I say it...so far, slow progress seems to be getting made.

As I say, I found all this confusing as I've set up airlines before on here and never had this before!

Once again thanks all!

Ben!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.