Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: When to add new fleet type  (Read 1855 times)

• Former member
When to add new fleet type
« on: June 24, 2014, 06:18:11 AM »
Hi there folks..decided to drop by and see how Airway sim is now.

Curious, the last time I played, adding a new fleet type was not really cost effective until you were running at least 10+ A/C's of the first employed fleet type.

I run out of Addis Ababa, so no chance of really having a massive airline anyway, but would like to try to make a decent attempt now at a regional airliner.

Offline 11Air

• Members
Re: When to add new fleet type
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 06:37:23 PM »
The new base rules in game 3 certainly help with the regional airline format. The real problem is restricting your airline types, initially 17 pax a/c are about right to get a network going and Company Image up towards 20 with 30 to 40 seaters as routes and cash allows. Buying v leasing seems to be about 1/3rd owned but can be anything, depends how often you want to tweak prices or grow a/c numbers. By week 20 + you'll be looking to buy jets to shift more routes per day and extend your range of operations. That starts to get expensive and it's wise to buy types that will last and develop, not some short term manufacturer that will go bust or never make another a/c type that's compatible with your existing fleet.
It works for me, now 30 weeks in and more or less viable as the industry moves towards Jets, but still plenty of competition from the smaller/poorer airlines with Twin Turbo/Piston Props over ten years old.

• Former member
Re: When to add new fleet type
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 07:47:47 AM »
Thanks for the response.

I went ahead and began adding a new fleet. Judging by commonality costs, I am covered. I've tried running airlines out of Africa before, and it is a serious challenge due to pax demand and distances. I'm operating a small fleet of Emb.120's for my domestic which seem to be turning a nice profit. But I reckon I will need at least 2 other fleet types for now..which I have already started to acquire. I might be in for a erhm..bumpy ride perhaps, my latest mode of expansion is taking on the competition.

Not too aware of how the base rules have changed in this world, so going to look into it.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.