Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: limit to number of aircraft ordered per production line  (Read 886 times)

SuriProf4

• Former member
limit to number of aircraft ordered per production line
« on: June 23, 2014, 03:54:34 PM »
from the post - http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,50890.msg288289.html#msg288289

i think this limit is changed to a lower number.

i noticed the warning when i tried to place an order, and my current order count was 350.

the warning still appears, when my order count is now 297.

looking at the production line, i am basically the only airline ordering this aircraft type. occasionally another airline will order a handful, but i am the only airline placing large orders.

sami....what is the exact number limit on this parameter? thanks

Offline schro

• Members
Re: limit to number of aircraft ordered per production line
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 01:46:43 AM »
The end of time will also top you from ordering. You're currently booked through November of 2016 for a game that ends in 2019. You _might_ be able to order 40 at this point, but its probably giving you a message that the line is closed, right? the thing that complicates it is that once you make an order, the line will compress/arrange them and open up another few months of availability at the end.

I have had 250 or 300 of a single bird on order fairly recently in GW1 without issue...

If you want to accellerate deliveries beyond what you have scheduled, I'd suggest finding an airline or alliance that can buy them new and sell/lease them to you.

SuriProf4

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 01:59:13 AM »
i cannot even order 1 new plane from that line...because the message states i have to wait for delivery of some aircraft.

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 03:49:37 AM »
I don't think there is a limit per line, rather just in the total number of new aircraft you yourself can have on order.  I hit it once and I think it was 300 (maybe  400), can't remember now.  Have you hit that total order limit?

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 07:29:16 AM »
There is a global limit for your airline of 400 aircraft on order. Yes, it's annoying, we all know that. :)

Wait until you have 399 aircraft on order and then place an order as large as you want.

SuriProf4

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 01:22:08 PM »
as of 4 apr 2006 (game time) i have 274 md90 on order

when i goto try to order a new md90, the message appears prior to selecting the number and type of md90 i want to buy

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 01:46:16 PM »
Then maybe the gameworld ends before additional orders could be delivered.

SuriProf4

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 03:00:15 PM »
that cannot be, since the game world ends 2019...nearly 2,5 game years available for deliveries.

i can wait to order. i was trying to place the orders to continue my fleet replacements.

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 04:58:32 PM »
I don't have access to GW#1 to check it myself, but as far as I know there are just two possibilities:
1) The new order would "hit" the end of the gameworld data. If you have 274x MD-90 on order, that could be the problem. Count in production line could get smaller later in the game when less orders for this aircraft are around.
2) You have more than 400x aircraft in general on order.

If neither 1) nor 2) is actually your problem, you might to open a thread in the bug report forum then. Sami will check it there.

SuriProf4

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 06:14:44 PM »
thanks. i will submit something in the bug report forum

i will give it a few more game years. i just want to keep my replacement on a consistent schedule

but here are screenshots

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 12:16:10 AM »
Well, the line isn't terribly in demand, so you can probably just wait until a year or two before you run out of deliveries and try again.

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 08:32:57 AM »
Still bad because he then has to pay higher prices due to inflation and demand... maybe that's why those limits exist.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.