Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Dobrolet Launched  (Read 933 times)

Offline Mr Yoda

• Members
Dobrolet Launched
« on: June 14, 2014, 12:01:10 AM »
Aeroflot's low cost subsidiary Dobrolet officially launches flight from Moscow Sheremetyevo to Crimea's Simferopol on 10th June. Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev and other senior executives from Russia's transport industry and Aeroflot management attended a ceremony at Sheremetyevo Airport to mark their maiden flight.

It launched its flights with B737-800NG and charge prices 20% to 40% lower than traditional carriers. Later on this year Dobrolet is planning to open flights to St Petersburg and Samara and expand to other Russian destinations and by the end they expect to have 8 aircraft. By 2016 it's planning to fly internationally and the CIS regions. And by 2018 it's planning to fly to 14 destinations and it is expecting to have 40 aircraft.

Other sources say that more than half of the tickets was sold during the first day of sales.

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/2014-06-10/aeroflot-launches-low-fare-service-crimea

Personally I don't think it will succeed purely because we don't have secondary airports unlike in Europe and our airports in Russia generally offer very expensive airport operations etc although the government is backing it so let's just see whats going to happen.

Offline danhill09

• Members
Re: Dobrolet Launched
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 06:28:22 PM »
Almost agreed.  Its made generally to spend money to offshore from legal.

Offline Mr Yoda

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 09:57:22 PM »
Oh wow it didn't even last for 2 months as it already suspends flights due to EU sanctions being put in place against them.  :-\

http://rbth.com/news/2014/08/03/dobrolet_airlines_suspends_flights_due_to_eu_sanctions_-_company_part_2_38737.html

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 09:44:50 AM »
Who wants to go to Crimea anyway..... Let alone the Russian Federation

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 10:16:07 AM »
To be honest, I'd love to visit Russia. Moscow, St. Petersburg or the huge museums like the one in Kubinka. Unfortunately I need someone who's fluent in Russia to guide me but somehow people fear me and run away.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.