Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: US random events  (Read 382 times)

Offline republic

• Members
US random events
« on: June 11, 2014, 01:46:45 PM »
The US is getting beat down the past few months.  Bird Flu, heavy weather, and now protests.  I'm a returning old player, are these events usually this frequent for a single area?

Of course I shouldn't complain because I see that Australia has all fights cancelled for 2 days.

• Former member
Re: US random events
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 05:11:01 PM »
Again:  ;D Due to thunderstorms and heavy rain in United States delay risk increased. Weather conditions are expected to last about two days.

Offline tcrlaf

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 06:05:09 PM »
I still remember the Sept 2000 storms, that basically shut down flying for 3 days, east of the Rockies. It took nearly 4 days to get back up to full ops, due to misplaced aircraft, misplaced and timed-out crews, etc. Line after line of bow echos, stretching from the Dakota's to the Gulf Coast, all moving eastward, with tops pushing 50,000. We sent one STL-RDU routing via GRB-YYZ-ALB to find a way through them. When they hit the East coast, it was 36 hours of chaos.

Or the 1999 Great Blizzard, where I spent 77 straight hours on the clock, dealing with all the cancels, diverts, and stranded's. At one point, my small airport had 24 diverts on the ground, most as non-destination cancels, including two Internationals. This at an airport with less than 1,000 pax a day average, and no customs. (I still haven't forgiven American for dumping that mess in my lap.)

Or 9/11, another nightmare that refused to end, when I was sending RJ's to FBO's at reliever airports, to get them on the ground.

Every two or three years we get a "Big One", that really screws things up for a few days, like a big Hurricane. But it rarely effects the whole country.

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 06:46:23 PM »
Yeah...The US has a lot of severe weather phenomenas...

Reminds me also of the Eyjafyjadla (or wathever) Volcano in Island....That was a hell of a mess!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.