Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Random Event - Bird Flu  (Read 516 times)

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
Random Event - Bird Flu
« on: June 07, 2014, 11:24:12 PM »
Bird flu is probably the most damaging 'Random Event' in the game due to

1. its footprint -all of your domestic routes and all of your i/c & o/g international routes if you are based in the country that it hits
2. its size - 20% to 30% of total pax numbers
3. its duration - 2 to 3 months

Example -
Since the outbreak of the bird flu my International flights have gone from making a profit of $450k / wk per frame to a loss of $150k / wk per frame
As a result I am now sustaining loses of approx $5 mill per week
and this result is for the 5th week into what could be a 12 week event

IMO this random event is far too severe and needs to be reviewed. Any other opinions?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 11:29:17 PM by Kadachiman »

Offline Obi-Gun Smokenobi

• Members
Re: Random Event - Bird Flu
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 03:18:35 AM »
My opinion:  yep...it's quite damaging, indeed!  I've been slugging through just trying to get my load factors up and saw some light at the end of the tunnel when I reached the mid-60's.  Seeing that I was on my way to actually making money, I leased the last three aircraft I'd need for the routes I selected.  Then, WHAM!   :D  Bird flu!  K...maybe the impact is a bit harsh, but as long as it's a random event with a fairly low rate of incidence, I love it!  I initially panicked, but fortunately I'm not enduring the massive losses you are with my very small turboprop fleet.  It just hit at the very wrong time...kinda how it does in real life.   ;)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 03:23:11 AM by Gunsmoke »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 07:12:04 AM »
2-3 is months is the max, and it's usually not that long, the length is also somewhat random.

The major events were already tweaked a bit a while back, so they won't be revisited for a while now.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 07:23:16 AM »
Thanks for your response Sami.

It looks to be coming out of the event now which means it was 6-7 weeks in length, but it is still a killer event......but such is life :-)

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 09:41:14 AM »
I would pay to see this co-occur with 9/11  ::)

KM449

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 10:35:14 AM »
9/11 should definitely be modelled! The Game changer for the worldwide aviation industry is something which just belongs to an airline management simulation. Whether we like it or not..

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 11:16:16 AM »
I prefer the demand drops to the positive events that hose CI....

Of course, if the game world's demand is still in start up mode, its like a double Nerf cannon,eh?

9/11 should definitely be modelled! The Game changer for the worldwide aviation industry is something which just belongs to an airline management simulation. Whether we like it or not..

It is modeled into the global demand and not as an event.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.