Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Alliance Advice  (Read 386 times)

Offline republic

• Members
Alliance Advice
« on: June 07, 2014, 12:41:51 PM »
I played AirwaySim a while back before you had to pay, and a few months after the pay transition.  I've returned now and boy is there a lot to learn.

I'd like to get more competitive by joining an alliance, but I'd like some tips on how to make my airline look more appealing to potential alliance partners.  My airline is debt free but I recently took a large image hit when the auto-hire had me 400% overstaffed in one job segment and 20-30% in others.  I also recently rescheduled nearly all my flights as I was having lots of Turnaround cancellations.

Any advice would be appreciated.  (I have read the tutorials and guides in the general forum.)

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: Alliance Advice
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 12:55:34 PM »
I don't understand why everyone is so keen on being debt free in this game. Even when maxing out all loans it's virtually impossible to get a debt:equity ratio worse than 1:4, which is already pretty unrealistic for any company, let alone an airline. A debt:equity ratio of 4:1 is considered good for a real life airline guys, and those don't have the abstruse cash flows we get here. Paying back loans only constrains your growth, especially when done early. It's plainly stupid to pay the loans back asap.

To answer your question, an alliance gets points for every airline on every anniversary, and also for having a member airline in a scoring position in a certain stat.
You score if you are in the top 10% or top 20 airlines (whichever is more) of the following stats:
•Load Factor
•Fleet Utilization
•Company Image
•Profit Margin
•Total Revenue
•On Time Performance
•Transported Passengers (YTD and Cumulative)

So, if you want to be of value for an alliance you should focus on attaining a good spot in those stats. There are however always alliances not interested in scoring and who will 'just' look at your personality.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.