Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: 1 Week?  (Read 1023 times)

Offline armadillomaster

• Members
1 Week?
« on: May 30, 2014, 12:55:43 PM »
After a week of the new game world. How do people have so many planes and an airline worth so much??

I have 4 B737 (2x300 2x400) and 2 ATR's. Leased.

Im just starting to make a tiny profit....

KM449

• Former member
Re: 1 Week?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 03:27:30 PM »
I ask myself the same thing...one of my competitors seriously started to lease DC-10 from the beginning with long haul routes.... When I had 3 or 4 737, he already had a fleet of more than 7 DC-10.

Additionally how on earth can you rund a long haul route from the beginning. when you CI is at below 10??

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 03:50:18 PM »
The CI is really important only on competition. With long haul you earn a lot of money even at the beginning.
Furthermore there are people that are always online to catch the best offers that every now and then pop up in the used market.
And more flights you add, more money you can spend. Especially at the beginning when there is few competition.
Saluti
Emanuele

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 04:55:02 PM »
Cash Flow is King. That about sums it up.

And Luperco. Being successful in the beginning has nothing to do with time, only the ability to be online every couple hours. Especially in the beginning, the right tactic is far more important than time or anything else.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:59:03 PM by Infinity »

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 05:48:55 PM »
Generally, to get a very fast start, it helps if your airport has several destinations with 500+ pax demand, so that when you deploy an aircraft on it, it starts right off the bat with fairly high LFs.

If it is a LH demand so much the better.  You might be able to lease a fairly cheap DC-10 to those destinations.

So if you start with high LFs this way, your profitability will be high and you can acquire aircraft quickly, repeat the step above.  As RI grows, you can deploy more capacity on those dense routes.

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 04:06:05 PM »
And Luperco. Being successful in the beginning has nothing to do with time, only the ability to be online every couple hours.

But, being online every two hours means have a lot of time to play. If you stay online for only 10minutes every two hours means that you stay online two hours per day.

In my opinion it is a lot.
Saluti
Emanuele

Offline LotusAirways

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 04:31:15 PM »
After a week of the new game world. How do people have so many planes and an airline worth so much?

Hi there,
The first year is actually easy. If you follow all 4 basic rules you will do well.

1) Airport: pick an high demand airport (Heathrow, Atlanta, Chicago, CDG, Los Angeles, Frankfurt, Haneda, Hong Kong, JFK...)
2) Strategy: chose a fleet with plenty aircraft available on the used market even if they are old (short-term leases)
3) Tactic: 7-day schedule and 1 flight per route only (you can had more flights later)
4) Execution: be online often (very often)

Airline value, data from 1 March 1996, the game started almost 14 months ago:

1 Connect America - 1 007m USD - London Heathrow
2 Sirion Airlines - 654m USD - Atlanta
3 Owl Express - 597m USD - London Heathrow
4 King Airways - 380m USD - Los Angeles
5 lubeca - 345m USD - Hong Kong - Kai Tak
6 Infinity - 304m USD - Tokyo Haneda
7 Midway - 287m USD - Chicago - O'Hare
8 Skylines - 267m USD - Chicago - O'Hare
9 APB Airlines - 264m USD - Johannesburg
10 Blue Sky Express - 262m USD - Atlanta

See the big airports? Only midgets say size doesn't matter.

Ciao
LA

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 05:21:45 PM »
But, being online every two hours means have a lot of time to play. If you stay online for only 10minutes every two hours means that you stay online two hours per day.

In my opinion it is a lot.

Why every two hours? You can only get new planes every 4 hours and 5 minutes.

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 05:33:29 PM »
I wonder if it also has something to do with the costs of the slots.
I am based in CDG and cost of slots is a killer, it takes roughly $5mm to set routes for one 737-400.
I wonder if slots have different costs in different airports - CDG has one of the biggest traffic but none of 8 airlines there has anywhere close to number of planes you can see in Chicago or Atlanta

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 06:46:13 PM »
Haneda is now up to 3.7m per set. 4 routes per plane. It's all about availability, the big US airports don't have Slot issues.

Offline pndsc

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 10:26:52 AM »
Why every two hours? You can only get new planes every 4 hours and 5 minutes.

Maybe to stagger out the leasing of planes and organising their routes?

I guess if youre after planes that are high in demand the used market will refresh them every so often, and everyone wants one - being online every two hours and only looking for one plane and getting it instead of every four hours (or eight hours) looking for three at once and only getting one is a better strategy.

Offline ljesnjak

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 04:36:24 PM »
I am based in CDG and cost of slots is a killer, it takes roughly $5mm to set routes for one 737-400.
I wonder if slots have different costs in different airports - CDG has one of the biggest traffic but none of 8 airlines there has anywhere close to number of planes you can see in Chicago or Atlanta

same in EDDF(FRA)! it does look like u can have big company only from London Heathrow in EU :/
and problem in Euope is that u dont have slots! EDDF 35 departures/hour vs KATL 67 departures/hour!!  :o :o :o
CEO
Marko Orehovec

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 12:41:44 PM »
2) Strategy: chose a fleet with plenty aircraft available on the used market even if they are old (short-term leases)

For me this is where I "messed up" this time, although messed up is a relative term as I'm doing quite well.

I went straight for A320s which will give me long term stability but I checked out some competitors at similar sized airports and by the time I got my sixth A320 I found somebody with (I think) 24 727s already!  So, getting these for a couple of years and replacing them later does seem to be the key to fast growth (as well as the other points of course).

Haneda is now up to 3.7m per set.

Yeah Slots costs:  Is it just me or were the slot costs right at the start MUCH more expensive than they are now?  At IAH I am sure I was paying over $1M per slot pair at the start whereas now they are all down in the $300k to $600k area. Wasn't there a new feature of slot costs being linked to how quickly you bought them in sucession? I don't remember.

and problem in Euope is that u dont have slots! EDDF 35 departures/hour vs KATL 67 departures/hour!!

Yeah but you have the advantage that, if you grow quickly you can slot-lock the airport and shut out competition.  That's much harder at the big US airports, especially with the new basing rules.  Already two other airlines have opened bases here an d I would expect there to be a lot more competition unless I can buy up all those slots.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.