Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Speaking of 'realistic'...  (Read 423 times)

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
Speaking of 'realistic'...
« on: May 24, 2014, 03:28:05 PM »
Just noticed that AWS thinks the 757 and 767 are 2 different type fleets... They are not.. The FAA issued a common type certificate for both the 757-200/300 and the 767-200/300 which means that they should have no separate crew training expenses since a pilot qualified on one can fly the other and vice versa.. At United, we do this all the time.. You might fly a 757 on Monday and a 767 on Tuesday.. Basic Maintenance costs should be common  as well...  The same as the Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321... they are common fleet aircraft as well.. Anyone know why AWS has them separated?

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Speaking of 'realistic'...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 03:31:48 PM »
The A318- are the same fleet group.  The 757 and 767 are different sizes and turnaround times.  Since you schedule routes based on fleet type, they can't be in the same group.  There is a similar issue with the Dornier as there is a prop and jet version with 2 different speeds, but they are the same fleet type.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 03:52:25 PM »
Their cruising speeds are pretty same so they could be combined, but the different size of the planes makes it impossible, since I wouldn't consider 757 to be 'very large' nor 767 to be 'large' (= same size as A320). It would also have big changes to the production lines in this cas.e

(The pilot type rating is not the main factor here.)

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 04:44:32 PM »
(The pilot type rating is not the main factor here.)  Well it is regarding crew training costs.. You're double charging airlines with 757's and 767's since the crews are interchangeable..

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 04:47:04 PM »
The fleet groups are a huge design decision and while I often suggest new features/design changes I have to admit it's a very smart one.

Yes, 757/767 have a disadvantage through this, as well as 2-3 other fleetgroups. However, it also has advantages in the current meta game, so the 767 aren't penalized even more for small aircraft warning then they would be with the smaller 757 adding to them.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.