Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Frequency VS Appropriate equipment  (Read 383 times)

Offline plasticforks

• Members
Frequency VS Appropriate equipment
« on: May 23, 2014, 08:02:13 AM »
Hi guys,

I've searched under "frequency" and "appropriate", and didn't find any clear answer to what I'm looking for so I hope I can get some answers here.

It seems that some things have changed since I last played long, long ago.

1. It seems like you get penalized for having 2x/3x daily flights now? It just takes what you would earn for 1x daily and divide it by 2/3. I remember before putting a second daily on a route gave you slightly better returns immediately
More specifically, I have a route that is around 300nm with 1500pax demand. I have about 7 daily flights and am getting 25% LF. However I am not over the demand, just matching it.

2. It seems departures/arrivals in the time intervals between 2200-2300 and 0500-0600 are penalized more than before? True or I'm just crazy?

3. Any rough idea on what is "appropriate aircraft size"? There is a 600pax demand route of ~2000nm, with competitors. I don't really want to put a 300 seater at first, but rather a 180 seater. But system tells me that I will be penalized? What is the balance between demand and distance?

Thanks all.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Frequency VS Appropriate equipment
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 08:05:46 AM »
1. It seems like you get penalized for having 2x/3x daily flights now?

2. It seems departures/arrivals in the time intervals between 2200-2300 and 0500-0600 are penalized more than before? True or I'm just crazy?

3. Any rough idea on what is "appropriate aircraft size"? There is a 600pax demand route of ~2000nm, with competitors. I don't really want to put a 300 seater at first, but rather a 180 seater. But system tells me that I will be penalized? What is the balance between demand and distance?

1) no. The low sales are most likely due to your low route image, just guessing without seeing your airline.

2) not really, but these have been tuned a bit a while back

3) you really do not need to worry of such, the system will warn you if you plan to do something stupid like flying a Dc-9 across the Atlantic. But if you see the warning, then you might want to consider some other plane - however the warning may be just on the threshold there (limited or no effect), but that info isn't currently displayed. But if it's a 2000nm route and a midsize jet then it should be fine.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:09:03 AM by sami »

Offline plasticforks

• Members
Re: Frequency VS Appropriate equipment
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 08:14:47 AM »
Ok, thank you for the speedy reply.

Thanks for the changes, sami. Still getting the hang of it but the game is fun as always!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.