Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: First turn, how's the used a/c supply  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
First turn, how's the used a/c supply
« on: May 22, 2014, 11:12:01 PM »
As you know the used a/c market is refreshed several times during the first 24h long game day ..

In this scenario I see that people are joining in rather gradually, which is a good thing, instead of everyone at the first minute. Just wondering, any observations on the used a/c supply so far?

The idea with the long first turn and multiple market refreshes is that everyone should have a fair chance in getting something "good" from the market .. In other words some mid-size jet of one of the three popular manufactures (A, B, McD). Has this worked out..?

Anschau

• Former member
Re: First turn, how's the used a/c supply
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 02:14:02 AM »
I was able to get a solid choice...

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 03:29:32 AM »
if you arrive early you still have the best chance to get optimal plane(the first round of aircraft release seem to be most abundant, and have some of the older/cheaper model some airline desires), it is true you may find the plane type you want after some refresh but they are most likely sub optimal(too expensive, bad condition and/or simply too expensive).

Offline znorc

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 05:41:12 AM »
Thumbs up! I've never been able to get desirable a/c this easy, this early in the game. Usually I've had to rely on some reeeeally old bangers before managing to get something fancy.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 07:31:56 PM »
I had to take old-fashioned 737-100, others were all taken. Should be OK, but it's not perfect.

Offline Longbow

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 08:39:16 PM »
if you arrive early you still have the best chance to get optimal plane(the first round of aircraft release seem to be most abundant, and have some of the older/cheaper model some airline desires), it is true you may find the plane type you want after some refresh but they are most likely sub optimal(too expensive, bad condition and/or simply too expensive).

the actual market keep forcing the player to be constantly connected to check the availability. If you have something to do or you cannot connect everytime, there are always bad chanches to get something good from the used market.

this game, IMHO, must be funny even if you not live for it...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 03:32:08 AM »
the actual market keep forcing the player to be constantly connected to check the availability.

Not at all.

It does not benefit you really at all if you are online 24hrs vs 2 hours since you only have 7 calls to the market every game week.. Though spreading them out evenly does help but it is a system that does not reward anyone for being online constantly all over the day (but gives a small benefit for added presence, which is intentional)

But for those who have never been in the launch of a large game world, you can NOW expect a big drop in the availability of the used planes. Since it is no longer static first turn and everyone can order more from the market now, and the updates to it are a bit less frequent now. So please, no new complaint threada about this, it isa characteristic of every major new game during the first years.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 03:35:54 AM by sami »

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 03:57:19 AM »
But for those who have never been in the launch of a large game world, you can NOW expect a big drop in the availability of the used planes. Since it is no longer static first turn and everyone can order more from the market now, and the updates to it are a bit less frequent now. So please, no new complaint threada about this, it isa characteristic of every major new game during the first years.

Actually, used plane availability will be quite good for the next few real world days until airlines have enough to order anything with wings from the used market...

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 04:14:18 AM »
That's why it's very important to have vacation in the first week and you're fine with as much sleep as it's possible in 7 complete ingame days. ;D

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 12:29:48 PM »
I got the planes I wanted, a mix of leased used and long leased new. There were alternatives too.

Offline hmellouli

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 03:51:17 PM »
Any idea when 777 start hitting the used market?

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 05:11:06 PM »
As there only have been produced 7, 777 in this game world, the answer is mostly when people who order new ones bk or sell them :)

Offline hmellouli

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 07:51:01 PM »
actually, looks like the AI brokers have been placing orders...I figured for a plane that had been certified for 4 game years that AI would have bought a bunch years ago!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.