Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: EWR is "slot restricted"?? Really?  (Read 728 times)

Offline Cardinal

• Members
EWR is "slot restricted"?? Really?
« on: May 12, 2014, 06:11:38 AM »
Other than a shortage of 7am slots, Newark is wide open. So why the "I'm telling your mom!" error when I try to open or edit one plane's worth of flights at once?

Offline knobbygb

• Members
Re: EWR is "slot restricted"?? Really?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 06:36:45 PM »
I get the same at ORD where the pattern is the same but there are about twice as many free than you have at EWR.  I think it's just case that some airports are hard-coded as slot restricted. 

It's a pain when trying to re-jig 7 day schedules. about 10x as many screen-loads because I have to delete all the routes, create them a few at a time and flick back and forth into the scheduling screen.

I haven't been given "detention" yet despite generating the warning on many occasions.  I think that Sami uses common sense.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 07:30:21 PM »
Actually ORD is much much worse than EWR.  ORD is listed as #12 on the list of airport slots used, but EWR is #39.  It might be the top 50 airports are considered slot restricted to make it easy.

Offline xyeahtony

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 07:29:35 AM »
Actually ORD is much much worse than EWR.  ORD is listed as #12 on the list of airport slots used, but EWR is #39.  It might be the top 50 airports are considered slot restricted to make it easy.

ORD has 8 active runways
EWR has 3 active runways

pretty easy to figure out which airport will have more slot/congestion problems.

all airports in AWS will have slot restrictions because its the dynamic of the game, even though most american airports do not have a 24 hour slot restriction program in place (only at peak hours at busy airports). Just dont schedule 7am flights, problem solved.

Why is it LHR is so slot restrictive? probably due to the fact it carries hundreds of millions of pax and only has 2 active runways.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 07:31:40 AM by [ATA] xyeahtony »

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 03:35:04 PM »
Just dont schedule 7am flights, problem solved.

Not the point. The point is that I can't create a whole plane's worth of shorthaul routes at once and then schedule them to the plane in one go because EWR is hard-coded to be "slot-restricted" even though there are plenty of slots available. Or, as knobbygb noted:
It's a pain when trying to re-jig 7 day schedules. about 10x as many screen-loads because I have to delete all the routes, create them a few at a time and flick back and forth into the scheduling screen.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.