Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Route oversupply  (Read 496 times)

Offline Luperco

• Members
Route oversupply
« on: May 09, 2014, 05:36:36 PM »

I have this warning that doesn't go away.

I've sent a F27 (40 pax) to a 10 pax route. I got the oversupply warning so I've limited the capacity to 15 pax.

Why I've still have this warning in my dashboard? Will it take some time to go away?

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: Route oversupply
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 08:59:43 PM »
I believe the system checks once per week, on the same day as the warning was issued. so the warning won't disappear when you adjust the route, it should disappear within a few RL hours though, and you'll get a message saying 'oversupply corrected'.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 06:22:09 AM »
If you are flying the route all seven days under one flight number, the oversupply limit will be based on twice the Saturday demand number. It might be a 40 pax route but if Saturday demand is estimated at say 28pax, your limit is 56. Considering that you are dealing with a 10pax route, it's probable that Saturday demand is more like 6 or 7pax which would make the limit less than 15 so you are still technically in violation.

If you have enough time on your hands you might want to divide the flight into a 7-day schedule so you can set different seat blocking limits for each day but in general the limit for the worst day won't be so much higher than the best day as to make that worth the effort. It's fastest to just set a limit based on the Saturday number and just remember to update it every year or so as demand increases.

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 07:15:46 PM »
Thank you for advice. Anyway I prefer to do the other way. Get the better day (Monday or Thursday) a put the limit near that.
The reason is that, in this way, the LF is higher. I don't know if there is any advantage but it's nice to see those numbers in green :-)

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 11:06:57 PM »
Load Factor is irrelevant. Profit is what counts.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.