Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: no terminate lease button  (Read 685 times)

CoolAir

• Former member
no terminate lease button
« on: May 09, 2014, 10:41:20 AM »
Hi all,

since the expenses eat me up I decided to resign the Pipers. Terminate leasing went well on two of my three Pipers. In case of the third the last Piper there is no "terminate lease" button. I went to through the messages in the forum, cleared my browser cache, restarted my computer, logged off and on of the game, but nothing changed. No terminate lease button.

The Piper is leased and has no routes to fly. What can I do to terminate leasing?

Thanks
CoolAir

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: no terminate lease button
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:53:24 AM »
In order to terminate a lease, 10% of its contracted lease period must have expired. So if you have leased a plane for 10 years, you can only cancel it until a year has passed since signing the lease.

CoolAir

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 11:08:56 AM »
Thanks for the answer. This could be the reason.

Hopefully, I will survive the next months having one Piper left which costs a fortune in service and maintenance now.

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 04:51:37 PM »
Hi,

When you get a new plane, you pay a certain number of months in advance (Saftfrucht say 10% of the total time).

Anyway, even if that money appears as negative in your balance, you don't really pay it  (because you already paid). If you look at the Cash flow statement, you'll find a row that says "Adjustments of items where a payment is not included". There you'll find the "Aircraft lease prepayments" with the amount of negative money in you balance.

So, at least from the leasing cost point of view, it makes not difference in money.

My advice is to make the Piper fly until you can cancel the lease.
Saluti
Emanuele

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 09:04:51 PM »
Hi,

When you get a new plane, you pay a certain number of months in advance (Saftfrucht say 10% of the total time).

Anyway, even if that money appears as negative in your balance, you don't really pay it  (because you already paid). If you look at the Cash flow statement, you'll find a row that says "Adjustments of items where a payment is not included". There you'll find the "Aircraft lease prepayments" with the amount of negative money in you balance.

So, at least from the leasing cost point of view, it makes not difference in money.

My advice is to make the Piper fly until you can cancel the lease.

Not quite right. You prepay 4 months, regardless of lease length. You can't cancel the lease until 10% of the lease length has passed. So on a 10 year lease, you'll be locked in to paying 8 months of regular payments on top of your deposit, plus it'll then cost another 50+ months of lease payments to cancel.

If service and maintenance are costing a fortune, just ground the plane and stick in storage until you can cancel.

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 10:12:59 PM »
You cant store a leased plane.
Saluti
Emanuele

CoolAir

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 05:43:22 AM »
That was the problem. I couldn't store the plane because it was leased. Anyhow, I survived and terminated the lease (and paid the fee of course).  :'(

Since it were the cost listed in Fleet Commonality which almost killed me - is there a way to see this cost in advance before one leases a plane?

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 06:48:45 AM »
Fleetgroups without routes don't add to fleet commonality costs.

CoolAir

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 10:18:04 AM »
Fleetgroups without routes don't add to fleet commonality costs.

Really? I haven't checked on this. In this case I wasn't as close to bankruptcy as I thougt.   ::)

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 11:22:52 AM »

My bad.

Just ground it. No fleet commonality, no A & B maintenance, and you can avoid C & D check too, with a bit of planning.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 08:06:49 PM »
Delete the A and B servicing until you have a need again, or reduce the number of seats to give it longer range if that would help. You can use it then it prove new routes for larger aircraft and develop a core of passengers to get the prices up a bit.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.