Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: One more landmine  (Read 619 times)

Offline saetta

• Members
One more landmine
« on: April 28, 2014, 09:43:38 PM »
I just discovered an unexpected and " in my opinion unfair " situation. I had ordered thru discipline, pain and great expense some B737 adv. way before my competition, and just discovered that a competitor bought a bunch of them like a year later and got ahead of me by 5 YEARS !!!
I guess he picked up cancellations from BK's. Well the fact that this can happen sucks. I thought this was a planning for the future game.
I think in the "real world" if a an aircraft manufacturer receives cancellation ...the whole waiting list moves up ..and " Johnnies come lately" wait in line or purchase the options for big bucks...and I don't think this happened !!

Online alpha

• Members
Re: One more landmine
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 05:40:46 PM »
This is a game so we are following game rules but not each player's understanding and assumption of the "real world", right? Once the strategy is decided, costs and risks come along. Like in this case I had to keep refreshing the production slots for 2 (real) weeks, day and night. There was once a dozen of slots freed up at 1972 but I decided to wait (with risk).

Back to the unfairness you mentioned, I'm not sure if there is already a feature request but think airlines should be able to pay a small fee to change the date of deliveries. When my airline was in LAX, I had more than once cancelled orders just to take up earlier slots, which is very expensive.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 05:54:37 PM »
I'm sorry, but this isn't unfair.  You were willing to wait 5 years when you ordered the aircraft and nothing changed.  The player who picked up the BK slots was going to end up getting aircraft further out than 5 years and decided not to put an order in.  Only when the timing changed to <5 years did it make sense for him to put an order in.

Also, you are complaining about production slots for the most popular aircraft in the game.  If waiting 5 years is an issue, fly something else.  You could have also rolled the dice like the player in question and risked getting your aircraft in 10 years instead of 5, but you chose not to.  There are no solutions in business, only trade-offs.  In this instance, the player's risk paid off, but most of the time it won't.

Offline JonesyUK

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 02:53:12 PM »
As above, try one of the other models. The beauty of the early games are the huge range of different types available so you don't have to choose between just Boeing or Airbus as in later games. I've never bothered with the 737 in early games purely because of the huge order backlog.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 08:03:29 PM »
Same reply really, big orders don't get that big a discount, better to lease other aircraft on short term leases so your routes are established and matured to a normal price when deliveries do start. The leased aircraft should be 2/3rds the capacity of the new aircraft if you want to establish 'ownership' of that route. if it's full when your new plane starts, and the route has grown too, your shiny new planes will be earning you shiny new bucks straight away.
Dump the leased aircraft, or reduce their seating capacity if you have other planes you'd like to retire. Reducing seats increases range by the way, can be useful.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.