Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: GW closed with no warning???  (Read 761 times)

Offline AndreiX

• Members
GW closed with no warning???
« on: April 28, 2014, 11:51:53 AM »
Come on, warn us or something, I was in the middle of some scheduling and it messed everything up.
Then opened and closed again? Come on!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: GW closed with no warning???
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 11:53:13 AM »
Closed for 5 minutes due maintenance.  I did not want to shut down the whole site just due to adjustments of one world.

And these MINOR maintenance breaks are always unannounced since they last only for minutes (and are very rare, once a month closed for 5 mins perhaps? ..and to fix some issue, so it is impossible to pre plan them). Always as fast as possible and with as minimal interference as possible of course.

Offline AndreiX

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 12:01:04 PM »
ok, sorry, I was angry because of the open tabs lost...
did you update something regarding the slot system?
I recall having more free slots on AYT and IST than now?

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 04:18:40 PM »
Slots in all airports seem to have dropped, especially wondering what happend in LHR which went from 79/hour to 56/hour, but even at 79 all slots were gone?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 04:47:29 PM »
Nothing done in that area, but if it went from 79 to 56 then there's something wrong.

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 05:31:55 PM »
The slots at ORD also decreased while GW1 was down. 

I wasn't going to say anything as stuff like downtime just happens and can't be helped, but I also lost a load of work.  I was re-creating some 7 day schedules.  When the system went down I had all the slots available (as I had just cancelled the old routes - RETAINING the slots). I had the tabs up for the new ones showing slots available for ALL of them. When it came back I couldn't re-create many of them as there were no slots - both at base and sometimes the destination.  I don't have exact figures but I'm sure about 5 hourly slots vanished at ORD.  Before there were at least a few slots in every hour bracket, now there are zero for many of them.It was really strange and I though I'd done something stupid but if it wasn't just me who had the problem then...

EDIT: I recall that ORD was up to about 108 to 112 hourly slots before, now it is showing only 100.

And the slots I lost were ones I owned and had paid for (but were 'idle') - just to clarify.  Which makes it worse.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:37:03 PM by [SC] knobbygb »

Offline stevenneoh

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 05:34:50 PM »
Definitely - nearly-uniform 25% drop-off in all my airports (SHA, HGH, SZX, XMN)

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 05:35:09 PM »
Slots down in DFW. Not sure where it was before that, but seems lower.

Offline spiff23

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 06:11:36 PM »
couldn't tell you how much, but MSP and JFK both seem to have lost some slots too  (JFK has a lot of zeroed hour lines now). 

also got a couple oversupply warnings  on long standing routes, albeit on CRJs, so maybe just part of the game (have capped the pax, so no issues...but pointing out in case connected to slots issue).

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 07:12:24 PM »
Yes yes; it's not airport specific. If one is wrong, then all are.

But it bothers me that all the settings are just the same as always before - I just issued a few global economy recalculation commands there and it affected that much to the slot counts which is strange. Expect a bit of downtime as I shall do the same again.

edit: no downtime needed, did it the other way around and looks to be more normal now.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 07:18:01 PM by sami »

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 08:38:36 PM »
Go home GW1, you're drunk!

Yes yes; it's not airport specific. If one is wrong, then all are.

But it bothers me that all the settings are just the same as always before - I just issued a few global economy recalculation commands there and it affected that much to the slot counts which is strange. Expect a bit of downtime as I shall do the same again.

edit: no downtime needed, did it the other way around and looks to be more normal now.

In DFW, it seemed to limit the slots to 100. Back in MT8, there seemed to be an artificial limit of 100 for some time on all airports that was eventually lifted (as ATL, ORD, DFW, DEN and a few others were stuck at 100). Could it be the recalculation triggered that limit to be activated again (hooray spaghetti code?)?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 08:59:53 PM »
No it was simply that the game world specific slot number setting ( x1.26 here) was not taken into account on my admin function that was used earlier... (I was already worried that it could have been some larger problem developed over time in these long worlds, but no. Quite easy to figure it since someone said there was about 25% drop in slots...)

(There are no game specific settings on slots other than that)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 09:02:25 PM by sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.