How long no Maintenance until fine?

Started by KM449, March 21, 2014, 05:43:40 PM

KM449

Hi all

I was wondering how long it takes until I get a fine if I don't perform C-Checks and D-Checks. Ar there specific numbers in days/weeks?

Many thanks.

Curse

It's random and it can occur in the first night.

KM449

Oh my god...and how high would that be?

LemonButt

I think the A/B checks are set to give you a week/month grace period respectfully since the game has it's quirks when moving around schedules etc.

For C/D checks, I don't think there is any grace period since you don't schedule them like you do A/B checks so it is fully random.

schro

C checks you'll get a game month or two before you get slapped. D checks more like 3 months. Condition will fall quickly onthe plane if you're flying it though and the penalty is big...

Curse

I know for sure ramp checks can happen at the first day change. It occured to me 2-3 years ago and to an unnamed (...) alliance mate in GW#4 with two B-Checks the same night. Yes, we already made him to step on Lego and listen to Miley Cyrus for 24 hours.

schro

Quote from: CUR$E on March 21, 2014, 06:46:38 PM
I know for sure ramp checks can happen at the first day change. It occured to me 2-3 years ago and to an unnamed (...) alliance mate in GW#4 with two B-Checks the same night. Yes, we already made him to step on Lego and listen to Miley Cyrus for 24 hours.

They do not hit at the first day change. B checks tend to take a couple of weeks (but are processed at the end of each day). B checks getting missed usually happen when you are scheduling a plane for the first time that might have 1-2 weeks to go before the next one is due, but schedule it during the first week of the month (without forcing a B check). That will mean 6-7 weeks pass before the check is done and the trout slapping will occur.

Curse

Ah ok. :) I still prefer to make an extra check before I put an aircraft on a route.

Mr.HP

I flew a B767 for months and happened to find I haven't got A/B check scheduled for it. No ramp check, no penalty issued even though it was 5-6 months after B check expire and the A/C condition got down to 40% or so

Jona L.

The penalty is actually not any big (~150k for a missed A-check; didn't have missed C/D-checks in years, can't remember those though). The biggest problem is the CI loss due to the penalties. -5CI for A/B-checks, and (I think) -10/-15CI for a missed C/D-check.

Anyways, best to do MX on time, or remove a plane from service (temporarily) if you can't afford a D-check, or a replacement plane from UM.

Boot

I must admit that I've recently missed a lot of D checks on my DC8-s, some by 2-3 months and "Fine" line on my income sheet is exactly 0... so I suspect that this system is not working very well :P

Sami

It's random, so you got lucky. (or then there were a lot of other guys too with expired checks and CAA was too busy ...)