Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Lease new aircraft vs lease old aircraft  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Freezeman24

• Members
Lease new aircraft vs lease old aircraft
« on: March 03, 2014, 11:23:50 PM »
Hi guys I was wondering if you could give me some advice?  I have some Q400's that have around two years to go until their D checks would you recommend ordering and leasing new Q400s or lease used Q400s? The monthly lease payments for my old Q400s are between $150-250k per month with the new aircraft the lease payments will be much higher does it make sense to order new aircraft? My fleet at the moment is 23 aircraft. By ordering new aircraft will they lower my weekly profit significantly?

I would greatly appreciate any advice someone has to offer

Thanks
Matthew
CEO, Canuckistan Airways

ucfknightryan

• Former member
Re: Lease new aircraft vs lease old aircraft
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:55:55 PM »
Personally, unless used aircraft that aren't going to cost you a lot more are available, and barring any plans to get rid of the Q400 type in the near future, I'd just pay the D-checks, unless you can order aircraft you'd own to replace them.

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 04:23:34 AM »
Over the years that I've been playing, I have generally observed that the cost of leasing a new plane vs an older plane is fairly close to wash in most cases. For a new plane, lease costs are higher and MX is lower, and for an older plane, lease costs are lower with higher MX (that once you get past the mid 20's shoots off to the moon). The interesting dynamic that is now happening is that older planes are being more cheaply and aggressively priced such that you might be better off financially flying a 20 year old heap than a shiny new one (do note, this comes from a guy that thinks the DC9 should have kept flying in the US for another decade).

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 04:29:38 PM »
Don't forget to factor in the revenue/profit you lose while the plane is in maintenance. The difference is quite negligible in most cases, though I prefer new.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.