Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] UM ... prices and config  (Read 414 times)

Offline meiru

• Members
[-] UM ... prices and config
« on: February 25, 2014, 09:42:30 AM »
the UM prices are often too high (that's why people buy new aircrafts instead of buying used ones of an age between 1-4 years). Secondly it's not good that you cannot buy more than 3 jets a week... it's ok if it takes longer to be delivered, but you should be able to buy more at a time. I don't want to buy aircrafts every 3.5 hours! And then the configs of the aircrafts... hey, why are they always all Y ?? Leave them how they are if they return from lease! Or do even invent own ones...
And why are there aircrafts "for sale" that are not on the market?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 11:12:49 AM by sami »

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
Re: UM ... prices and config
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 11:01:52 AM »
the UM prices are often too high
I saw a B772 for sale at 120M while its value was 190M. That was when book value wasn't introduced. If the A/C is on the market for a long time, then the price will decrease

Secondly it's not good that you cannot buy more than 3 jets a week... it's ok if it takes longer to be delivered, but you should be able to buy more at a time. I don't want to buy aircrafts every 3.5 hours
This to prevent acquiring A/C unfairly, especially the most desired A/C, by one single airline. Suppose there's a new release of used A/C on the UM, a lucky airline online at that time can grab all 10 or 20 units to him/herself

And then the configs of the aircrafts... hey, why are they always all Y ?? Leave them how they are if they return from lease! Or do even invent own ones
Good one, I second this

And why are there aircrafts "for sale" that are not on the market?
Because they are on storage, or for sale privately. Ever seen a 4 years old A/C, thousand landings and flying hours, and never been acquired by any player? Those NPC broker must have used them, too  ;)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: UM ... prices and config
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 11:12:36 AM »
No changes planned to these areas of the game.

Offline meiru

• Members
Re: [-] UM ... prices and config
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 11:27:04 AM »
May be that some prices are right... but some are strange. For example the MD-80 prices in GW#3 ... they are so high ... that seems wrong.

For the 3 jet rule ... that's ok for a new game world, but I don't like the idea for games that are running... the same for aircrafts not on the market. It's ok for early worlds, but not for running ones. Because there are no AI airlines, so there can't be private sales to them.

As I already sayed... how the UM works is not good, it should be more like the mechanism we have with new aircrafts. This could improve the trading with aircrafts a lot! And that's what would make the game more interesting... and not more complicated or something. Probably even easier... because right now you cannot really build an airline with used aircrafts. It takes so long to arrange everything...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.