Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Iron curtain still intact?  (Read 594 times)

Offline Lambert_M

• Members
Iron curtain still intact?
« on: February 21, 2014, 07:12:53 AM »
So, we just entered 1990 in GW#1, which means that in the real world, the Soviet Union was just about to collapse, and the Berlin Wall already had been brought down.

Which made me think pax demand from former East Germany would climb considerably, for example. Or even from the Baltic countries. But nothing much so far. Does anyone know if I am just being impatient and this will be reflected later or if it has not been factored in?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Iron curtain still intact?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 07:34:52 AM »
The dates for any geopolitical changes are the exact same of what happened in real life. So it is 1991 when CCCP breaks up.

Offline Lambert_M

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 09:04:39 AM »
Oops! I just think I revealed my historical ignorance. :) But I am quite sure the Berlin Wall came down in 1989, so I am still hoping for climbing pax demand at Berlin Schönefeld.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 10:39:39 AM »
There won't be any steady climb, there will be a drastic change on the day Germany reunites.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 11:54:02 AM »
All demand changes are actually gradual now. Unless there's an event like airport transfer.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 12:23:41 PM »
oops. I should read the announcement thread a bit better.

Does the actual date the country changes, e.g. Germany reuniting or Ukraine declaring independence, represent the start, end or middle of the gradual change from before to after for demand?

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 12:11:20 AM »
Just for historical dates : Berlin Wall came down 9th of November 1989, Germany reunites October 3rd 1990.
In reality until that date West-Berlin Skies were still under allied control, means no Lufthansa flights to Tegel or Schönefeld until then.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.