Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: other calculation for maintenance prices  (Read 467 times)

Offline meiru

• Members
other calculation for maintenance prices
« on: February 18, 2014, 08:24:12 PM »
I think currently the price of the maintenance is calculated according the age of the airplane... why don't you change this and say this makes only 20% of the calculation and 80% of the costs are calculated according to cycles and flown hours? ... and aircrafts in storage don't need checks... so, the time an aircraft is in storage is added to every "next c" and "next d" check date after removing it from storage (plus it costs something to remove it from storage, that's clear) ...
this creates a more interesting market for used aircrafts

Offline Monica

• Members
Re: other calculation for maintenance prices
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 02:09:02 PM »
Yes, I wish the maintenance and value of the aircraft and such was calculated from the cycles and flight hours, not only the age.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 02:37:44 PM »
Maintenance price is based on age.  Maintenance raises aircraft condition and flight hours/cycles lowers it.  Price is a function of age and condition.

So they are all connected already, but maintenance is done based on age instead of flight hours/cycles.  I assume this is, in part, because it uses less resources using a simple cron job to check every aircraft every 4 game weeks instead of checking flight hours/cycle values every game day which would be a significant load on the server.

In regards to stored aircraft, the solution IMO is to simply freeze the maintenance clock on those aircraft, so if you put in in storage with 4 years until D-check and take it out in 2 years, you'd still have 4 years until D-check (not 2).  However, I think the last thing sami wants to do is promote the idea of putting planes in storage as he'd rather encourage players to lease them out and create liquidity in the used market.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 09:05:32 PM »
It's not a server load issue but playability (and somewhat data) issue, purely.

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 08:21:31 PM »
yes, but that's ok... we don't need other durations between checks... but a special rule for aircrafts in storage and a special rule for the prices... because, if an almost non flown aircraft with an age of 20 gets on the market and has the same maintenance cost level like one at the age of 6 witch has been flown often... then this could make the used market much more attractive. And that's easy to implement plus it is a piece of the solution of the "production slot hogging problem".

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.