Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: aircraft conversion  (Read 457 times)

Offline meiru

• Members
aircraft conversion
« on: February 15, 2014, 12:25:35 PM »
once again I would like to ask for this...

my idea on how to implement it is easy... if you order a conversion, the system treats it the same way round it does for a new aircraft, but at the same time you order it, the old aircraft (the one converted) is destroyed and the data (life info) is inserted into the new aircraft plus the info, that it has been converted... e.g.

MD-81 -> MD-82

you pay something, and in the MD-81 info you can read (insted of "scrapped")
"converted to MD-82" (maybe you can add a link to the new aircraft... but doesn't have to be)

and the MD-82 get's the same age and landings etc. from the 81 but not a "aircraft constructed" but a "converted from MD-81" (and maybe also a link)

I don't think that's too complicated to build

and would allow to do the conversions of the 80s/90s (extra fuel tank, engines, whatever), the DC-8s, the DC-10/MD-10 (nobody ordered it for passenger aircrafts, but in this game we could ... and then add it to the MD-10/MD-11 fleet) ...

I don't know how many other conversins were available, but maybe you can invent some or give the option to re-engine the 707s like the KC-135 ... probably somebody would do it

or allow the conversion of an standard to an "ER" version of an aircraft... doesn't have to be that somebody did it in real life, but it's definitively possible to do it

ok... maybe it's not a very important feature and maybe only the MD-Jets have been converted very often... but I'd love to have it (as well as never built aircrafts like the MD-90-50)

Offline aggi80

• Members
Re: aircraft conversion
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 07:56:51 PM »
i agrey expesialy whit the re engien and ading on extra fuel tanks i see in my game world there is a 767-200 whit standard engien on the used market for sale and it just gets cheaper an cheaper noone whants it if you culd re engien it whit extra fuel tank then it gets more attractiv to buy.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.