This may sound like fun or weird, but it's a serious request. It's not meant as an offense or as a general protest or something, in no way, it's just something that not just I had in mind for a while but also many other players I talk to via Skype from different alliances.
What often happens to career politicians, instructors at the armed forces, soccer/football stars and others sometimes? They lose the feel not only for normal people but also lose the connection to what they used to work for.
This feature request has no special problem in mind, it should just bring back the general idea of the game - and what it is about for the player. Actually playing the game just for fun - without searching for bugs or testing a new feature - shows things that work well, like the new interface in many situations, but also some things that could be improved or others that are simply annoying - and of course things that are really pretty and good and should be extended or are fine as they are.
And, please don't be mad if I'm honest here, sami, some things are obvious for players. I know you play with your test airlines every now and then in a live world, but I really want to extend this request by some "requirement" that only shine through for real airlines about 70-80% of the players who play actively run.
1) The airport should be a worldwide Top 30 airport. Maybe an airport with mixed domestic and long-haul like KJFK, KLAX or KORD to give an idea of everything and not just small snapshots like Haneda (ShortHaul) or Singapore (LongHaul) could deliver. Excluded are 0% tax airports like Dubai.
2) Start airline from day 1 in gameworld and experience Used market conditions.
3) Fly some of the popular aircraft types (A320/A330/B737NG,etc.) (yes, jumping on that huge production line).
4) Switching schedules across aircraft types and generations (jets-props). I.e. not the easy 1:1 conversions.
5) Usage of at least 4 fleetgroups beyond 1990 to gameworld end.
6) Aim for Top 10% placement in value, total operating revenue and aircraft in fleet.
7) At least some 7-day-schedules, one of them for aircraft with routes below 2000nm only (like DC-6B, A300, B737-800...). and go through a transition from 1 aircraft type to another (with similar speeds and TATs) B737 Classic to NG's for example.
Of course you could or even should play with a fresh account and without telling who you are. This avoids being handled differently by players (more aggressive or less aggresive when fighting against a famous person). This should last at least for the starting decade before things have settled a bit.
It would also be very helpful if you would post about progress or things you found that then could be discussed with the public and - yeah, shame on me - to make sure you really play.
The goal of this request is easy:
You, sami, who makes this nice game, should not just get a notice in the feature request forum about something that might be wrong or simply uncomfortable. You should stumble above yourself which would make it easier for you to reenact things people (might) like or dislike - with your own experience.
And yeah, of course, I'm aware you have a job and you are short on time. But that's actually something we all suffer from and, to be honest, this might increase your feeling for shortcuts in the game that might be not implemented yet (easier access to information or creating 7-day-schedules or whatever).