Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Airline settings - plane options - allow user to specify default fleet subtype  (Read 528 times)

Offline Sanabas

• Members
When planning ahead, either for already used planes, or to find out which plane to buy, it can be very difficult to determine actual pax restrictions on longer routes/shorter runways, because it's impossible to know exactly which engine/MTOW setup the warning box is for. http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,52022.msg296280.html#new is one example, I was recently based in LCY and wondered how far I could practically fly the f100 is I ordered some, but I couldn't tell because I think it was using the lower range model.

I think I've asked in the past for the user to be allowed to add a fleet to the aircraft settings, in order to add autoreg numbers & default turn times before the first plane arrives, and also so that group appears above the separator in route planning, to save a lot of scrolling when planning routes in advance. Don't know if that's still open, but I'd like to re-iterate it, with an addition...

I would also like to see the ability to specify plane subtype, engine and MTOW for any fleet that is shown on your airline's aircraft settings page, and make those the settings the warning box uses. Would be good to be able to adjust on route planning instead of just picking fleet, but that would get crowded, so probably better on aircraft settings. Could even include the option to add a fleet twice in the settings, so you could for example set up one for long range a310s, and one for short range a300s, and see them appear twice in the top of the route planning fleet dropdown. So that instead of having to guess pax limits, you can simply open the route planning, set the times, set the exact plane model instead of the generic fleet, and get accurate info.

Offline mk1981

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Is it possible to upgrade the aircraft settings for maintenance? It would be very helpful to have a dropbox for D check to specify a maximum aircraft age where it should automatically performed.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
Is it possible to upgrade the aircraft settings for maintenance? It would be very helpful to have a dropbox for D check to specify a maximum aircraft age where it should automatically performed.

I like a lot the idea. Especially when you have a 23.99 years old pland that comes back from lease, will have D-check within 2 days, and you're not connected at the moment to scrap it before the disaster happens.

Offline Seven

• Members
Sounds like a great idea to for example split it between <20 years and >20 years as they have D checks every 8 years..
This would save alot of money especially for the big A/C lessors among us.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.