Some Relevant Issues That Could Be Improved

Started by Stormy86, February 03, 2009, 10:39:59 AM

Stormy86

Some days ago I wrote explaining the unrealistic scenario of used and new planes when the wait for a new plane was just 2 years time.

Right now if I want any Airbus or Boeing I need to wait for 5 years to get it. Providing that the game lasts 12 years, and considering the speed at which new aircraft are being demanded probably by next year we won't be able to order new planes as they would be delivered later than 2005.

At same time, I would like to further comment on the unrealistic growth determined airlines are able to get. While the most successful airline ever, Ryanair, has needed 22 years to develop a fleet of 168 airlines I can see some players with more than 200 in just 4 years of game time. Something feels wrong here...

Finally, a third issue is the saturation. In just 4 years game time all markets are collapsed up to double the demand (at least in the Asia/Pacific area) This is happening because demand statistics in some places are not realistic. I wrote some weeks ago about some routes that have nearly 0 when in reality many airlines were already established in this routes in 1996.

Auckland - Tokyo
Auckland - Seoul
Auckland - San Francisco
Auckland - Vancouver
Auckland - Jakarta
Auckland - Santiago
Auckland - Cape Town

I hope somebody can find a solution to that, because I guess many people is having the same problems as I can see the number of player going seriously down. I payed for this game in order to have a realistic business model which I couldn't have in other business simulators. There are many things which are great, but if some important details are not solved there is a risk people gets tired of it.

Hope it helps!