Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Afraid to take the leap????  (Read 369 times)

MichaelHarbert

• Former member
Afraid to take the leap????
« on: February 09, 2014, 03:18:05 PM »
So I went bankrupt once because I went too many planes at once. For a little start-up like me, how much cash should be on hand to be safe. I'm running the 600 000 - 700 000 range but can't expand too much. Do I lease a bigger aircraft and get on some longer routes. My fleet has 4 Convair 240s so I'm really a medium haul airline at best. Trying not to fall flat on my face again! :)

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: Afraid to take the leap????
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 03:24:14 PM »
That's one of those questions that doesn't have a right answer.

You can keep too much cash, and bleed it all away before ever making a profit.

You can keep too little cash, and hit terminal problems quickly.

What you need to do is set it up so that you'll be making a profit as soon as RI climbs a little, if not before. My most recent start-up, I got 11 small-medium planes, got down to my last $1000 scheduling them, and then went into the red to pay staff. A little negative isn't an issue if you planned it in advance, it just stops you getting planes, getting slots, renewing leases.

If your start-up will be profitable in 2 months' time, you can go right down to zero or less. If your start-up won't be profitable in 2 months, then keeping cash on hand won't actually help.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.