Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Where are my pax?  (Read 500 times)

Offline Luperco

• Members
Where are my pax?
« on: February 09, 2014, 10:47:08 AM »
Well, it is my first game (with the exception of the beginner world).

I founded my company on a small city but with a 5 stars airport.
I can find only routes with less than 40 pax (about10 of them). Even the routes to fill a Dove (10 pax) are rare.

I've seen company based on 4 stars airport with a lot of Constellation. Why they have so many 80 pax routes?

Do I need to wait '62 when the Beatles launch their first album to have people want to come in my city (yes, it is Liverpool)  :)

Thanks.
Saluti
Emanuele

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: Where are my pax?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 10:54:44 AM »
Hello,

during the 50s the mass aircraft travel boom hasn't started, so demand is low. Actually we have a much higher demand in the game than there was in reality.

So, demand will grow over time, but it's up to you. And Liverpool has not even 2020 "big" demand if that is what you want.

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 11:52:19 AM »
Hi

I know that choosing Liverpool as base confine my company to regional or little more but I see companies on similar small cities and smaller airport that already have routes with 80 and more pax demand.

So I wonder if I've made something wrong.
Saluti
Emanuele

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 12:01:59 PM »
Can you give some examples?

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 01:03:05 PM »
For example from Venice (Italy) ,4 stars airport, I've found at least 3 about 80 pax routes.
Saluti
Emanuele

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 05:24:16 AM »
For example from Venice (Italy) ,4 stars airport, I've found at least 3 about 80 pax routes.

Venice has pretty much always been a major tourist attraction for both the wealthy and the mass-market. In this era, you are pretty much looking at the wealthy holiday/business market. $50 may seem cheap for a ticket but that could be a month's pay right now.

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 06:20:59 AM »
Right, AirwaySim is based on real demand (of the 2000s and then scaled down/up). Liverpool might have a stable domestic network now, but in the 50s it wasn't really served by big aircraft, was it?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.