Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: transaction tool  (Read 441 times)

Offline meiru

• Members
transaction tool
« on: February 08, 2014, 03:23:36 PM »
would be nice to have a "transaction tool" ... or maybe some kind of "trust service" ... my problem is always, that if I want to sell 10 aircrafts and buy 5 at the same time... or maybe I agree with somebody to sell him 5 aircrafts after having them d-checked ... and then in the end he doesn't take them... what can I do then?

some kind of ... I don't know... page where you can place contracts on and where someone (maybe an administrator) can help that both parties do what's written... that would be nice

trusting is good, but sometimes it's not good enough...

the tool could be built like the trust services on the internet... so, the first guy pays the amount to the service and the second one has to move the aircrafts in and when everything is set, the transaction will happen... like this somebody could pay the aircraft before the d-check is done and the guy who has to do the d-check can only get the money, if he brings it's aircraft with d-check-time < 2 months or something like that...

it may need some time to figure out a good solution, but I'd love a tool like that... and it would for sure make it easier to trade aircrafts

and if you add a time until something has to be done (e.g pay 10M in 3 weeks from now and put the aircraft in in 4 weeks from now) or the whole thing get's rolled back, then we have also a solution for the "fleet sales" I once asked for

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: transaction tool
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 03:55:12 PM »
Or just add a checkbox/feature to determine who pays for C or D-checks.

To help incentivize leasing, airlines leasing out aircraft could check a box to indicate that they will be paying for heavy maintenance (any/all C and D checks) on the aircraft while it is leased.  Right now standard procedure is to dump aircraft when these heavy checks come due, but if they are paid for then airlines can keep their aircraft leased out longer/more consistently.

Airlines could either increase the monthly lease price to cover these costs or keep the lease price low and use it to keep the aircraft leased out as long as possible.  I know if an airline were offering a 15 year lease with paid C and D-checks (and I knew I would fly the fleet type for 15 years) then I'd jump on it.

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 04:00:38 PM »
yep, good idea... and easy to implement... maybe we should try this first... but the "fleet sale" is something I'd like to have too  :)

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 04:15:12 PM »
yep, good idea... and easy to implement... maybe we should try this first... but the "fleet sale" is something I'd like to have too  :)

Re-reading the original post, I see the problem.  You can't list aircraft with expired D-checks so in order to sell it, you now have to D-check it and put it on the market.  Maybe we just need to enable private sales for aircraft with expired heavy checks?

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »
Re-reading the original post, I see the problem.  You can't list aircraft with expired D-checks so in order to sell it, you now have to D-check it and put it on the market.  Maybe we just need to enable private sales for aircraft with expired heavy checks?

Is this new? ... I don't like the rule... I often bought airlines with expired D-checks... I like the idea with the filter, but I don't like all those strange rules with artificial restrictions

what are they good for? ... anyway, I don't think I want to know it...

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 04:28:33 PM »
Sami created the rule a few weeks/months ago that aircraft with invalid heavy maintenance are taken off the market.  The issue being the used market was polluted with unchecked aircraft and players were parking assets on the used market to avoid commonality costs and inflate their CV (part of this was the old accounting system).

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 12:01:41 AM »

This is a current open feature request with much community support.

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 10:46:39 AM »
What I don't understand... there are for example ATR72-500s on the market (for years) for a too high price (and it seems he doesn't want to sell them... I once asked for a normal price, but got no answer... maybe one of the aircraft parking guys?) with expired D-check... how's that possible?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.