Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: To everyone who goes for different hours at diff. days instead of a full week...  (Read 855 times)

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
I dislike you and you should be ashamed of yourself. *nods*
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 03:14:00 PM by CUR$E »

Online dmoose42

• Members
I agree...Who does that? 

KM449

• Former member
Ever heard of easy jet? It maximizes fleet usage.

Online dmoose42

• Members
you can maximize fleet usage without cherry-picking random spots though...

• Members
Ever heard of easy jet? It maximizes fleet usage.

I'm not familiar with real life airlines, but in this game picking random slots absolutey does not increase fleet utilization. In contrast, it decreases utilization.

alfkan

• Former member

Be more specific please! Not everyone in AWS knows the unwritten rules - if there are any. If there are any, please come forward with a new post listing such "rules"... :-\

• Members
This is no rule. This is a statement.

I'm also sure the headline and the initial post are as specific as possible. *nods*

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Be more specific please! Not everyone in AWS knows the unwritten rules - if there are any. If there are any, please come forward with a new post listing such "rules"... :-\

For "lean startup" airlines, they will frequency bomb a single dense route at the beginning of the game to maximize ROI.  If there is a dense 5 hour route, instead of scheduling flights every day at 500,1000,1500,2000 then an airline will schedule 500,1000,1500,2000,+100,+600,+1100,+1600,+2100,++200,++700,++1200,++1700,++2200 etc.  The net result is lots of gaps in the slot schedule long term, but short term the airline will squeeze in an extra flight or two a week and make more money.

For a game world starting in the 1950s when fuel is essentially free, I'm not sure why anyone would need to do this...

ucfknightryan

• Former member
For "lean startup" airlines, they will frequency bomb a single dense route at the beginning of the game to maximize ROI.  If there is a dense 5 hour route, instead of scheduling flights every day at 500,1000,1500,2000 then an airline will schedule 500,1000,1500,2000,+100,+600,+1100,+1600,+2100,++200,++700,++1200,++1700,++2200 etc.  The net result is lots of gaps in the slot schedule long term, but short term the airline will squeeze in an extra flight or two a week and make more money.

For a game world starting in the 1950s when fuel is essentially free, I'm not sure why anyone would need to do this...

Given the changes to how RI works I'm not sure why anyone would frequency bomb a single dense route, unless we're talking HKG-TPE dense.

• Members
Given the changes to how RI works I'm not sure why anyone would frequency bomb a single dense route, unless we're talking HKG-TPE dense.

Because for the lulz.

KM449

• Former member
Look at the easy jet schedule for any route during a whole week. Every single day they are flying to the same destination at another time. I think that is the same strategy.

Offline LemonButt

• Members

If you start an all-CRJ airline or other high risk venture, that 1 extra flight/week can make or break you.  It used to be that marketing was the biggest expense in expanding to new airports, but with the new slot cost system it is now slot costs that are the biggest expense.  So now it makes more sense to fly 1x daily to 5 airports than 5x daily to 1 airport.

alfkan

• Former member
Hi! The answer(s) so far is not good enough!

Me, and I presume more people than me, are having problems with the attitude in this phrase:
. I was very tempted to push the "Report to moderator" button, but I'd rather let Sami have a peaceful weekend after all his good job the last days and weeks.

The initial post in this thread shows a high degree of disrespect of all the kind of players that are taking part in AWS. I asked the thread-starter to be more specific, but she declined....

Look: Do not forget that in any games in AWS, long or short, there are players with all kinds of experience and motives. Some freshmen(girls) are happy enough to survive one game-year before they either BK out of own will or the bank's will. Some panic if the gap between flights in the Scheduling picture are more than an inch wide so it is a chance  that such efforts  likely and unintentionally are disrupting a "plan" some wannabe "pros" maybe have for a future set up with some jets 5 to 10 years from now on.

But, if you are not "pro" enough to take into your account that the roads ahead might be a little bumpy for your gameplans ahead then I suggest you forward a post to Sami in the Future Request Forum and ask for a specific "pro" sandbox mode feature with limited and exclusive memberships for those of you who need undisturbed gamings. Like the "sandbox mode" you could opt for in the Railway Tycoon haydays if you felt the outside gameworld came too close on to you...

Now, Ms. Threadstarter:
Your base is "visited" by approx. 85 +/- players. I dear you to come forward to be more specific: Who is ruin your gameplan?

• Members
Me, and I presume more people than me, are having problems with the attitude in this phrase:

You really shouldn't feel offended by a random thread on the internet. Even when the shoe fits.

The initial post in this thread shows a high degree of disrespect of all the kind of players that are taking part in AWS. I asked the thread-starter to be more specific, but she declined....

The post is as precise as possible. I also said I don't disrespect all kind of people, I said I dislike those who destroy full week possibilities. Dislike has nothing to do with disrespect.

Now, Ms. Threadstarter:
Your base is "visited" by approx. 85 +/- players. I dear you to come forward to be more specific: Who is ruin your gameplan?

I haven't had a specific person in mind and, most funny thing, I wasn't even talking about KLAX.

Also, do you really think I fear anybody could "ruin" my "gameplan"?

To end this nonsense "discussion" with you: This thread wasn't pointing at you. I wasn't even aware of your existence, neither in real life nor in this game. But after a quick look at your airline I can understand why you feel like I have spoken directly to you.

Edit:
I'm also going to lock this thread now. I was a bit annoyed when I opened it - however, I'm still surprised how fast people start an argument on the internet without being involved. That's the disadvantage of anonymity I guess.
What I wanted to say was said in the opening post and in it's headline.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:29:36 PM by CUR$E »

Offline Jona L.

• Members
some wannabe "pros"

You do realize that CUR$E is one of the best, if not THE best, player(s) that AWS has ever seen, and that she managed to be the largest, best, whatever stats #1 airline from LAX, and also some other airports.

You should know the ones that you try to offend, and thus be careful in the selection of those.

And If you think that people like CUR$E need a gameplan, you are far off your territory, they know so well what they are doing, they need not plan it beforehand.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.