Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Tangible benefits  (Read 467 times)

Offline saetta

• Members
Tangible benefits
« on: February 07, 2014, 04:15:39 PM »
What are the real advantages of joining an alliance, other then the "cool" factor and the service fee. I see must of the top airlines are in an alliance...why?

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Tangible benefits
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 04:30:05 PM »
What are the real advantages of joining an alliance, other then the "cool" factor and the service fee. I see must of the top airlines are in an alliance...why?

1. You pay alliance fees, which goes to marketing, which increases your company image.
2. Route protection--alliance members don't compete with each other, so if you fly a route to an alliance mate's base airport then they typically won't compete with you, and if they do it will be to split demand versus oversupply and only getting 50% load factors.
3. Base protection--alliance members won't open bases at your bases (if possible).  This is more of a benefit in smaller countries with less base options.
4. Help--if you need advice on  how to run your airline better or a temporary bailout (buy/sell planes) then they can help you out in a pinch.
5. Protection from other alliances--if you are one of the largest airlines that aren't a member of an alliance, expect to be constantly recruited and hassled by alliances to join.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 04:51:41 PM »

Free cookies.

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 11:45:35 PM »
Also:

Being a member of an alliance has a small benefit in the view of the virtual passengers. The rating of the alliance affects this.
from the manual.

I'd put the "small" word on capital letters tho...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.