First of all, apologies for the length of this post but I hope you can bear with me..
I’ve been looking at the alliance score calculation and have come to the conclusion that the alliance score isn’t necessarily a true reflection of an alliance’s strength. Rather than giving you a total view of an alliance, the scoring currently only focuses on the top 10% or top 20 scorers in the gameworld. This heavily weighs in favour of alliance with big scorers (not necessarily airlines) in a few of the key stats. I’m particularly looking at the variable scoring element.
As it stands, an airline with 10 aircrafts that joined a year ago but has utilisation of 18-19hrs and therefore in the top 20, would score more points than an airline that has been running for many years, transports many more pax, generates more revenue, profits, but falls outside the top20 on the stats listed below.. These types of airlines are currently not getting recognition towards the alliance score and in my opinion this should change. Every player in an alliance should play a factor. (Whether small or big)
For those who don’t know the stats contributing to alliance variable scores are:
• Pax transported (I’ believe YTD)
• Profit Margin %
• Load factor %
• Company Image
My proposal/suggestion is as follows:
• Make sure that EVERY airline has a score value. You could then rank these individual airline score values to see who the “best” individual player in each game world is. The alliance score would then be the total score of all the players’ individual scores. (makes it easy for an alliance admin to see who their poor/key performers are)
• For the 7 stats shown above, rather than cap it at the top 20 or top 10%, make it so that there is no cap so everyone scores points.. I.e. if there are 550players in the gameworld, the 1st player for the stat would get 550points, 2nd 549 points, 3rd 548points, etc…. (currently only top 55 would score points)
If you fear the numbers would be too big, then add up the combined points of these 7 stats for each airline and divide it by 7 to get an average score..
By removing the cap of how many players score points, it prevents players from targeting 1 or 2 stats towards the end of a game world and not care about the other ones.. (as currently may happen just for the sake of alliance scoring).
• In addition to replace the points scored by alliances for every member in existence (cumulative score) , I would also add this to the individual score.. For every year a player has been in existence, they should get 5-10-25 points (sami to decide I guess), this should also apply to the penalty points (BK warning, missed maintenance, etc..)
Currently when players leave an alliance and/or go bankrupt, the alliance doesn’t lose these cumulative points if the player leaves the alliance before they leave the game. By adding it to the individual player score, it would have an impact on the alliance scoring as well if a player left or BKed, so by replacing a member with a younger/newer airline would have an impact.. Whereas now, if someone BK’s, they can be replaced and an alliance may actually get a gain out of it. (if they target someone who scores well in a specific stat)
• As an extra bonus, I’d like to see an 8th (new stat) shown on the pages that could be included towards alliance score. We are living in a world where sustainability and an environmental friendly reputation become more important. With that in mind, it would be good to see a sustainability stat which would be calculated as follows: weekly fuel burn/weekly pax transported.. The players with a lower score would be ranked higher. So to improve that score, you would need to fly more fuel efficient planes or transport more pax. (or both)It would add another dimension on when to transition aircrafts and in the latter stages, it would encourage players to still work on improving their fleets.
• By making these changes, it will make things clearer to people on where they can improve their scoring as they would be able to identify where they are positioned on the stats pages. It would improve competitiveness, as every position would mean a point towards the individual score (& alliance score).
It would also give a purpose to players who are not in an alliance as they would be pushing for pride on the individual stats pages. An individual score page could then also be used for rewards/competitions if Sami wished to do so.
Fundamentally I think it would be a better representation of the alliances strengths and performances during a gameworld and add an interesting aspect to the game.
I look forward to hearing other people’s view on this.