Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Buying an Alliance members aircraft at below recommended pricing  (Read 494 times)

Offline Superbenj

• Members
Im not sure if this has been discussed before but I recently tried to buy a plane which looked like a real bargain but was informed I could not, as it belonged to an Alliance member and was set below the market value.

This seems ludicrous to me, I understand completely why such a rule is in place and think its wise. To have a complete blanket ban though seems overly harsh, if a member has a plane on the open market at a set price, why can an alliance member not buy it, IF its obviously not a set up money shifting/ gifting operation.

A perfect solution for cases like this, would be to allow alliance members to buy any aircraft, set at a below market rate, from an alliance member after it had been on the open market for a set period of time (2 weeks) which would allow other players to take up the offer if they fancied it. If its still not sold at this point and the price has not been altered, then alliance members could also then purchase it.

Its a small thing but something I think should be addressed, when I clicked to buy the plan I had no idea it was even on sale from an alliance member, he/she could not get the price he/she wanted and I could not buy an aircraft at a very competitive price. Anti cheating measures are good and required, they need to be set up wisely though or otherwise restrict the game too much

Offline meiru

• Members
Re: Buying an Alliance members aircraft at below recommended pricing
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 04:46:35 PM »
I don't know if this is a good solution, but there should be at least an advantage for you if you're in an alliance and not a disadvantage. And the current rule is only a disadvantage... if the common forum is the only advantage of staying in an alliance, then I don't know why I should ever again join one...

I once thought about an alliance-leasing-page or something... some kind of internal trading for alliance member aircrafts. I know, there are problems with aircraft tradings, but... maybe we should see if we can find other solutions for that. So, maybe we should first find out what exactely the problems are.

In my last game, my only problem was that I couldn't go below the minimal price for an aircraft. ... the question I'm asking myself is, if it really would be a problem, when we drop this rule. What would happen?? Would it really destroy the markets? How was it in the early days, befor this rule existed?? ... and, what could we do to solve the problem without limiting those prices? (I always thought that a "tax" for too cheap aircrafts could be the solution...)

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 12:06:10 AM »
I don't know if this is a good solution, but there should be at least an advantage for you if you're in an alliance and not a disadvantage. And the current rule is only a disadvantage... if the common forum is the only advantage of staying in an alliance, then I don't know why I should ever again join one...

I once thought about an alliance-leasing-page or something... some kind of internal trading for alliance member aircrafts. I know, there are problems with aircraft tradings, but... maybe we should see if we can find other solutions for that. So, maybe we should first find out what exactely the problems are.

In my last game, my only problem was that I couldn't go below the minimal price for an aircraft. ... the question I'm asking myself is, if it really would be a problem, when we drop this rule. What would happen?? Would it really destroy the markets? How was it in the early days, befor this rule existed?? ... and, what could we do to solve the problem without limiting those prices? (I always thought that a "tax" for too cheap aircrafts could be the solution...)

Without speaking to the rest of it, the rule was added because people were using the buying and selling of aircraft as way above/below value to pass an aircraft repeatedly back and forth to transfer money from one airline to another.

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 12:42:03 AM »
... ok, and what's the goal they have? Why do they transfer money? Is it to buy aircrafts faster? Is it to help the other airline (I don't think we can ever do something against this... and I'm not sure if something should be done at all against it) ... or have they other reasons? ... again, one thing I think is a bit strange is, that some airlines have so much money, that they don't know what to do with it and buy aircrafts to block others or simply because they get bored... that's a point we should look at I think...

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 12:43:27 AM »
... ok, and what's the goal they have? Why do they transfer money? Is it to buy aircrafts faster? Is it to help the other airline (I don't think we can ever do something against this... and I'm not sure if something should be done at all against it) ... or have they other reasons? ... again, one thing I think is a bit strange is, that some airlines have so much money, that they don't know what to do with it and buy aircrafts to block others or simply because they get bored... that's a point we should look at I think...

This one mostly.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 05:08:30 AM »
A perfect solution for cases like this, would be to allow alliance members to buy any aircraft, set at a below market rate, from an alliance member after it had been on the open market for a set period of time (2 weeks) which would allow other players to take up the offer if they fancied it. If its still not sold at this point and the price has not been altered, then alliance members could also then purchase it.

Late in the games, the Used Market is flooded with attractive aircraft, which causes players to lower the prices.  The market price at that point is well below alliance minimum.  Some aircraft is on the Used Market for months even years without a buyer.

This solution would still prevent any abuses, since if the aircraft price is too attractive, other players from outside of the alliance would have a chance to buy / least the aircraft before the player from the same alliance could.

So the condition for aircraft to be able to be sold below alliance limit would be:
- Aircraft is listed publically
- has been listed for certain minimum length of time (2-4 weeks sounds like a good time)
- the timer would start from either the time aircraft was listed or from time last price adjustment was made by the seller

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 06:06:54 AM »
After there was a huge abuse/cheat of this system over the last ~3 real weeks in GW#4 I'm not a follower of releasing the limits for people to get basically free aircraft.

Contrary to this, I'm to enforce the existing rules even harder and add new ones.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 07:45:49 AM »
That was a different type of abuse, IIRC, player stayed outside of alliance to bypass alliance limits.

What the OP is talking about here is normal game play.  I am not sure his proposed rule change would open the gates to any abuse.

Let me give you an example:  GW2 has been going for a long time, player lessors lease out 1/2 to 3/4 of aircraft.  AI brokers are comparatively minor players, since there is so much aircraft on the UM from players.

Of this aircraft (listed by players), some of which has been on the UM for years, I can't buy / lease maybe 1/3, since this aircraft is listed by players from my alliance...  It is a little frustrating after finding an aircraft with ideal fit, that I can't get that particular aircraft, because it is being sold / leased by a team mate.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.