Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: No large planes?  (Read 901 times)

Offline Superbenj

• Members
No large planes?
« on: January 31, 2014, 04:28:52 PM »
Just started the Game World and it seems that there are no aircraft whatsoever that can take 40+ pax?

Do planes trickle into the system or have I already missed the boat??

Offline schro

• Members
Re: No large planes?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 04:30:56 PM »
Demand will be pretty low for a while... big planes will eat you up for a while now..

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 04:35:52 PM »
In early 50s you are still stuck with the machines made near wartime, but the new planes will grow in size...

( http://www.airwaysim.com/Information/Aircraft )

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 04:40:17 PM »
Im not talking A380s! I was referring to DC4s, Connies etc..anything with more than 40 seats

My competition has managed to pick a couple up and flooded Heathrow already, yet I literally can't get anything that carries even half the capacity!

Seems a tad unfair.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 04:49:28 PM »
Im not talking A380s! I was referring to DC4s, Connies etc..anything with more than 40 seats

My competition has managed to pick a couple up and flooded Heathrow already, yet I literally can't get anything that carries even half the capacity!

Seems a tad unfair.

The connies (and maybe DC6's) will appear throughout the first day at random intervals, so you might want to check back from time to time.

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 04:49:59 PM »
what are you talking about?  You can't flood anything on day 1.  LHR is a beast so surely there is room for two airlines to fill two planes with routes.  If you are complaining about not finding the right plane for you, wait a while as new planes are added to the UM every once in a while (at least 4-5 times on day one)

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 04:56:14 PM »
Sorry should have clarified the Route to LHR (MAN-LHR) not the actual airport itself! That would be impressive work!

He has managed to pick up an 80+ Airliner and managed to put on 113% capacity on the route (344 seats on a max demand of 255 a day), meanwhile Im looking at picking up something with 36 seats.

From what you're saying though more A/C will be added over the next 24 hours, is that right? If so why not just place them all now, or is the game tied down to the standard release process already?

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 04:56:46 PM »
what are you talking about?  You can't flood anything on day 1.  LHR is a beast so surely there is room for two airlines to fill two planes with routes.  If you are complaining about not finding the right plane for you, wait a while as new planes are added to the UM every once in a while (at least 4-5 times on day one)

He added 4 daily DC4's to it, saturating the demand. He's not going to be happy with his initial load factors and profitability.

Oh wait. What's that noise? Oh! The sound of a toilet flushing.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 04:57:46 PM »

From what you're saying though more A/C will be added over the next 24 hours, is that right? If so why not just place them all now, or is the game tied down to the standard release process already?

Standard release process for a new game start is to have used market plane drops throughout the first 24 hours to give those that can't login at the minute the game world starts a chance at grabbing a decent plane.

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 05:02:03 PM »
He added 4 daily DC4's to it, saturating the demand. He's not going to be happy with his initial load factors and profitability.

Oh wait. What's that noise? Oh! The sound of a toilet flushing.

Well that seems excessive...at least he's not flying commandos

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 05:16:22 PM »
Well that seems excessive...at least he's not flying commandos
I've got no issue with his tactics, just the fact I can't do similar if I so choose!

It would make sense to basically allow anyone a choice of any two planes at the start of the game I reckon, its just not really fair otherwise, although I understand that the actual technical build behind may make this hard to do so oh well, I'll guess I'll just have to try and time a lucky dial up!

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 05:21:19 PM »
sorry - i didn't mean inappropriate, i meant excessive in the sense that it will be tough to make a lot of money doing that until your RI improves.  I agree that his tactics are perfectly acceptable.

From a starting balance perspective, that might be a good idea, although i've never really had a problem finding a plane on day 1 - it's once everyone is sucking the UM dry that the bigger problem occurs - although i'll note that in the last Long World there were so many DC-6B's that the supply was virtually unlimited.  It seems that the starting aircraft levels are a little more reasonable this time around...

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 06:16:29 PM »
I've got no issue with his tactics, just the fact I can't do similar if I so choose!

It would make sense to basically allow anyone a choice of any two planes at the start of the game I reckon, its just not really fair otherwise, although I understand that the actual technical build behind may make this hard to do so oh well, I'll guess I'll just have to try and time a lucky dial up!

90% of playing this game is pressing F5 over and over again... (in the case of the used aircraft market, that has been replaced with the "calls", but it's the same concept)

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 01:07:55 AM »
Glorious Soviet aircraft industry reports adequate aircraft availability.  ;) Yes, I'm back to my old tricks of trying to keep the Russian lines open because I can. I'm actually disappointed that there is nothing at all preexisting so I have to start building them from scratch with no choice other than the Il-12: half the capacity, twice the fuel!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.