Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Requesting Help  (Read 1130 times)

ReLax

• Former member
Requesting Help
« on: January 30, 2014, 11:17:45 AM »
Hello, Im new to this Simulation,
but I think I don't get the hang at the moment of it. I make a operational loss of nearly 100k per week, with 4 planes and an average load factor of 90%. So my Planes and Routes are profitable, but I think it is simply not enough.
I joined the mentoring programm, but no one wanted to be my mentor till now.
Maybe someone could give me some little tips and help for a beginner. I played in the beginner world, but I think it was too easy there to make profit.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Requesting Help
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 12:56:47 PM »
First, if your LF is over 90% you should increase prices a bit.. Aim for something around 75-85% LF which usually gives the highest profits.

And when a mentor picks up the request he can check closer..

Offline Boot

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 02:07:28 PM »
You can cut down your advertising, you dont need so high Company Image to fly 20-seaters.

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 02:59:44 PM »
With the mentoring program, it probably helps to PM airlines that could mentor you as opposed to just clicking the mentor button.  I know I tend to ignore mentoring requests unless I know the person or have gotten a PM from them...

Cheers and good luck.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 07:16:48 PM »
Running 17 seater planes is a bit of a challenge to do well, especially for those new to the game.

Take a look at this thread as it might help you with your current airline (as well as the prior experiments linked from the OP) - http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,48305.0.html

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 04:13:42 AM »
The fact that your CI is 30 suggests marketing might be killing you.

As Schro said, small planes aren't the easiest to run, and your not in the greatest airport for it either. Curfew hurts, flying less means the same overhead but less revenue. There aren't many really short routes, and the available profit on small & slow planes starts to drop quickly with distance.

It's doable, but margins are going to be pretty tight. Good way to learn though, fiddle with price, marketing, etc, see what happens. Have a look at profit/hr for a route, which is explained in the threads Schro linked to.

I've also just started take 3 of a small (& medium) airline experiment. London City just opened, so I just joined there. Will see how big I can get with just those small & medium planes allowed into the place.

ReLax

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 07:33:07 AM »
Thanks everyone for the nice help. I gonna try to find some solutions in the urls you posted and hope I can get the corner with my Airline. :D

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 02:10:10 PM »
I've also just started take 3 of a small (& medium) airline experiment. London City just opened, so I just joined there. Will see how big I can get with just those small & medium planes allowed into the place.

3 weeks, 11 planes, 327 slots, and I got down to my last $4,000 buying the final slot. Then I paid staff and went 230k into the red.  :laugh: Cutting it very fine, but should be back into decent profit by the time I wake up.

LHR airline decided to open a base in LCY too, and order fleet groups 7 & 8. Pretty sure he'll lose significant money doing it, but the cash cow that is LHR means the losses won't make a bit of difference.  :-\

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 03:35:26 PM »
He only has 190 planes so the commonality penalty for that LHR airline isn't too bad yet.  Once he adds another 50 ATR's then he may not like it so much...I agree that his excursion to LCY won't be profitable, but with an 11 BN CV, it will take a long time to BK him.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 09:18:47 PM »
There'll be no BKing him. LHR is the easiest airport in the gameworld to make a profit in. Doesn't matter how much he loses on the LCY base, it won't make more than a little dent in the LHR cash cow.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 10:44:06 PM »

That got boring quickly. Already only enough slots for 2 daytime flights + 1 overnight per turboprop, and that only applies to the next 11 planes, then the slots are gone completely. No problems being profitable, but no prospect of it staying interesting.

Offline lunchbox

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 11:57:13 PM »
That got boring quickly. Already only enough slots for 2 daytime flights + 1 overnight per turboprop, and that only applies to the next 11 planes, then the slots are gone completely. No problems being profitable, but no prospect of it staying interesting.

Boo that is no fun :(

My challenge will to eventually find a city in the U.S that has enough demand to fly to London City 8)

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 12:24:01 AM »
There'll be lots. But they'll all be about 20 pax. Tech-stopping E-jets with luxury seats, just don't expect to make any money.

Offline lunchbox

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 01:54:14 AM »
There'll be lots. But they'll all be about 20 pax. Tech-stopping E-jets with luxury seats, just don't expect to make any money.

lol :P

I know, I looked

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 05:45:14 AM »
Haven't bothered to touch the airline after spending that first 3.6 million on 11 planes & the slots to fly them. 7 game months later, and there's 8.5 million in the bank.

But time to pull the plug.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.