Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Plane Hoarding  (Read 652 times)

Offline xyeahtony

• Members
Plane Hoarding
« on: January 30, 2014, 03:14:26 AM »
I've noticed several airlines that ordered A320s and are not flying them at all, leaving dozens of planes parked. In fact, one airline in china has over 150+ parked A320s and are doing nothing with them at all. how do i know they're doing nothing with them at all? there are 4 year old A320s out there with 0 flight hours.....

I feel like when theres an order backlog of 5000+ planes, people ordering planes just so others have to wait longer or can't get them is kinda an effed up tactic wouldn't you say?

Offline fark24

• Members
Re: Plane Hoarding
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 08:46:57 PM »
I'm nowhere near that bad but I did have factory-delivered AC that have been sitting around for the past year or so. They were purchased with the best of intentions for fellow alliance members for immediate resale (i.e., not for hoarding) but, with the recent accounting changes, many cannot afford to keep up with the delivery schedules.

It was a different world when both the airline purchasing from the factory and the airline buying off of the used market could record a "loss" to offset taxes in the current year. But that is no longer the case and it takes longer to make purchases using income alone.

For my part, I have listed a tranche of < 1 year old A320-200s and B737-400s for sale on the used market. Will probably continue to do so intermittently until my back log clears. Hope that helps the situation. Can't speak for the guy in China  :P

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
Re: Plane Hoarding
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 03:39:42 AM »
It is entirely possible the player lost interest or may be using them to replace another fleet type. With the archaic penalty at 4 types, they could be waiting until they have a large enough back log to replace all of the outgoing fleet type before starting the process....
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.