Show only unscheduled A/C

Started by Mr.HP, January 28, 2014, 03:53:51 PM

Mr.HP

Hi,

Could we make the checked option "Show only unscheduled A/C", to show both no route and/or no check scheduled A/C?

When I use the option, to select a vacant schedule A/C, and add routes to it, it disappears right after routes added, and I haven't schedule check yet. Have to find that specific A/C to add checks

Thanks

HP

LemonButt

Quote from: Mr.HP on January 28, 2014, 03:53:51 PM
Hi,

Could we make the checked option "Show only unscheduled A/C", to show both no route and/or no check scheduled A/C?

When I use the option, to select a vacant schedule A/C, and add routes to it, it disappears right after routes added, and I haven't schedule check yet. Have to find that specific A/C to add checks

Thanks

HP

I think the real issue is that scheduling pages (with the exception of registration changes) aren't done asynchronously (i.e. the entire page refreshes instead of just the table row).  IMO the entire scheduling page would be much better if it just updated the changed row using ajax (asynchronously) and the error/confirmation messages at the top of the page were instead displayed in message boxes like this: http://dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxMessage/index.shtml

The larger issue being if you have 70 aircraft listed and working on the schedule for #65, then you have to keep scrolling down to get back to where you were.  An alternate solution would be to use anchors to have it scroll back to where you were, but then the confirm/error messages at the top of the page wouldn't be viewable.

FORSBERC

On this note, if I am adding a route to an older aircraft, I sometimes forget which aircraft I was working with.

Jona L.

I actually like LemonButt's suggestion with the asynchronously updating table rows rather than the whole page reloading.

Sometimes the reload is fast (like 1-2 secs) but sometimes it seems to take ages (up to 15 secs) to reload. Which especially suck, if you "just" wanted to "quickly" change something.

Cardinal

While we're on the subject, can we add the unscheduled aircraft filter to the "My Aircraft" page? When I want to rebase multiple planes at once (such as opening a new base) I obviously only want to rebase planes with no schedule, but I either have to do it one-at-a-time from the scheduling page or hunt for unscheduled planes across multiple pages on the My Aircraft listing, often using the scheduling page in another tab as a reference for which ones are unscheduled. Being able to filter for unscheduled planes on the My Aircraft page will make this much easier, and with many fewer page reloads.

Edit: This could probably easily be added to the Operational Status dropdown by splitting the "In operation" status into "In operation - scheduled" and "In operation - unscheduled", as "In operation" in its current context really means "on property & not listed for sale" whether it's flying or not.

FORSBERC

Also having a option to select multiple aircraft from the Scheduling page and then say "rebase aircraft" in the drop down would be good to add.

JJP

vortex787

Hi!

Quote from: FORSBERC on February 09, 2014, 12:57:19 AM
Also having a option to select multiple aircraft from the Scheduling page and then say "rebase aircraft" in the drop down would be good to add.

I want to dig this request up once again (the topic is closed for new feature requests so I'm using this sub-topic to reply).
When rescheduling to a new A/C type it would be nice to be able to select specific A/C with their registrations on the Scheduling page. It makes shrinking down the schedules from 2-3 old A/C to 1 new A/C much easier.