Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Hard beginning...  (Read 687 times)

SonnyZideUp

• Former member
Hard beginning...
« on: January 28, 2014, 01:55:09 PM »
Hey everyone :)

Is it me or is there a HUUUGE difference in beginners world vs Modern Times?
Almost seems impossible to make money..... Tried everything, but no difference.
Seems VERY odd since payment (Credits) has been done. Am I the only one with this experience?

Cheers

Online Fscamp

• Members
Re: Hard beginning...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »
Well beginner world is made to be quite easy while other worlds seem to be more realistic.

I'm currently playing Dawn Of The Millennium and sure I'm struggling to make money with my new African airline, however I'm confident my revenues should go up before I go bankrupt.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 02:38:45 PM »
Hey everyone :)

Is it me or is there a HUUUGE difference in beginners world vs Modern Times?
Almost seems impossible to make money..... Tried everything, but no difference.
Seems VERY odd since payment (Credits) has been done. Am I the only one with this experience?

Cheers

Modern times worlds have fairly high fuel prices in comparison to other game worlds, especially during the second half of the game. Since we happen to be in the second of of the game, you're going to be dealing with paying 2-4x more in fuel costs for everything compared to the BW scenarios. Additionally, since it is an established game world, airlines have had time to settle in, buy planes and fill out a lot of the demand in the game world, thus, as a new entrant, it becomes a bit more difficult to pick a base that does not have a dominating airline.

Thus, taking a quick look at your MT airline in SFO, you have a single A310-300. At the current fuel prices, those are rather difficult to make money on because they burn a lot of fuel in comparison to the number of passengers that you carry. Additionally, the way fixed costs work in the game, is that for the most part, a single plane airline will struggle significantly to "make rent", thus, getting profitable with a less expensive to acquire fleet type but flying several planes can be a better way to start. The other thing to keep in mind is that your loads (and profits) will be very low until RI begins to climb - this can take over 6 game months to reach 100 (you should be making OK money at least 2-3 months in on a new route).

Overall - it might help to request a mentor to help get you started, but for sure, starting midgame in MT is one of the most challenging things you can do...

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 05:39:15 PM »
to schro's point, starting off with smaller aircraft is probably best at this point in the game.  You can always expand to larger aircraft later in the game once you have a solid foundation

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.