Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] new scrapping algorithm  (Read 421 times)

Offline meiru

• Members
[-] new scrapping algorithm
« on: January 27, 2014, 04:42:37 PM »
I'm currently trying to find an MD-88 and thus going through all aircrafts in the system... and I see so many aircrafts at an age of 11 that have been scrapped! ... I mean... that cannot be true ... I would want to buy them now. Why haven't they been transfered to storage? ... ok, I see, if an aircraft is very old, you scrap it... if there are hundrets and you cannot sell them, that might be a reason too... but ... in real life, I don't think airliners are scrapped so quickly if they are not even 12 !! ... don't you think you should keep them around a little bit longer? ... maybe the price could go down a little bit instead of scrapping them?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 07:12:25 PM by sami »

Offline dmoose42

• Members
Re: new scrapping algorithm
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 05:43:43 PM »
Maybe we can create a sticky forum where people can announce that they are interested in a plane type to avoid scrapping...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 06:03:19 PM »
I am planning a change to it where the scrap broker would actually put the plane for sale after player scraps it .. but only in certain cases, to avoid a/c shortage of the "popular" models in such early-scrap cases.

(note that scrapping rules were already previously changed and a 5 yo plane with 30% condition is no more scrapped when the player goes bust)

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 06:25:13 PM »
Maybe we can create a sticky forum where people can announce that they are interested in a plane type to avoid scrapping...

good idea... maybe even a page on which you can register what you'd like to buy... my problem was always, that I didn't want to buy 1 or 2 aircrafts and then in the end not being able to buy more... but with this it might be easier to find ... let's say 30 aircrafts from 10-14 with 5.5 years to next D-check or something like that...

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 07:02:37 PM »
I am planning a change to it where the scrap broker would actually put the plane for sale after player scraps it .. but only in certain cases, to avoid a/c shortage of the "popular" models in such early-scrap cases.

(note that scrapping rules were already previously changed and a 5 yo plane with 30% condition is no more scrapped when the player goes bust)

I'm talking about jets like this: http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/View/History/32997/ (MT) ... i mean... sorry... not even 5yr ??

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 07:11:57 PM »
I'm talking about jets like this: http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/View/History/32997/ (MT) ... i mean... sorry... not even 5yr ??

Condition was 4%. It was scrapped 2005-06-08 so well before the changes were in effect.   (after the changes the broker would have repaired it = what you requested is already in force actually)

Offline meiru

• Members
Re: [-] new scrapping algorithm
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 12:12:43 AM »
thats great... and I hope that will bring us a lot more possibilities to use old aircrafts... they aren't that bad at all... sometimes the prices are stupidly high (because we have the huge maintenance costs, that doesn't work together -> in real life, it may be ok to pay that much, but not with the maintenance in the game) ... but if you can buy them from other airlines, it's a great business

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.