Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: C Maintenance  (Read 666 times)

• Former member
C Maintenance
« on: January 24, 2014, 04:21:23 PM »
How many times does my aircraft have to go through this maintanence in a one year period. I have deleted emails, but i swear i have had more C maintenance done more times than I have aircraft. My company is on the verge of going bankrupt because of this maintenance. Anyone else experiencing this?

Offline schro

• Members
Re: C Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 04:41:59 PM »
Each plane requires it once per year. Often times, checks can get lumped so many of them happen at the same time, so that might be what you're seeing.

Taking a quick look at your airline, there's a couple things you might want to consider doing to improve things -

1. Your load factors are sky high because you're underserving demand. On routes where you're supplying half the demand on the route planning page and getting full loads, boost your prices by 20% to start, and if it stays full, keep adding a few percent until you start losing pax (give a few game weeks to normalize after each adjustment).

2. Your props are flying too far - not on the extreme side, but they're still going to take 2x or more time to fly some of your longer routes than jets, which will basically only allow them to make 2 flights per day. After paying for leasing and staff, you really can't be very profitable. If you can shorten the leash on them and fly them under 500nm per flight (or even 300nm per flight), and then look into jets for longer flights, it should improve your position. I wouldn't add another fleet type at this time though.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 05:16:47 PM »
Also, take a look at this thread as it might help you with your current airline (as well as the prior experiments linked from the OP) -,48305.0.html

Offline eiva

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 07:54:46 PM »
C check is once a year.

You got some good advice already, but let me add:

You have to many fleet groups. 3 groups and 8 planes.
You have too many destinations. 24 airports served. Just to compare I have 22 planes and serving 11 airports.

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 04:31:50 PM »
thanks schro, great advice. Just bummed because i was doing "ok" (in the black) until all these C checks started coming in. Ill adjust prices on my good routes however the bank may take me before im able to see the effect. I will know for next time though.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.