Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Route Planning - "0" Demand Filter  (Read 287 times)

Offline dapianoman

• Members
[-] Route Planning - "0" Demand Filter
« on: January 22, 2014, 06:32:41 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone else goes through every possible route from an airport to decide on which routes to fly, but I know I do... In doing so, I often find a very large number of routes have 0 demand and wondered if anyone else would find it useful if there was a filter on the "route planning" search that eliminated those routes that have 0 demand...?

I know there is a filter for airport size however that doesn't always correlate to the demand on a route....

Apologies if this has been discussed... I did a search and couldn't find anything...
Cheers  :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 06:37:57 PM by sami »

Offline meiru

• Members
Re: Route Planning - "0" Demand Filter
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 11:20:56 PM »
I would love that too... but the point against this was, that this kind of "work" is what you have to go through to be a good player... I don't know if this is a good thing... especially now that I have to verify 451 routes... that's sometimes annoying and I don't know if that's really something I want to do

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 11:29:16 PM »
I remember requesting a filter by pax demand... I remember many people also requesting it...

I also remember some players (as meiru said) arguing it would make the game "too easy" or something...

I really don't see how going thru pages and pages of airports checking each of the demand is otherwise but annoying... no game skills are needed for that... just repetitive and annoying job... no intelligence or good player display...

I agree on this request, since it's not a pax demand filter, but would left out hundreds of unuseful airports...

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 12:35:05 AM »
I think, much like the used market, once you "call your route manager" it should store the projected value and display it in a column next to the route info icon.  This might encourage players to click every route info box to get all values stored/viewable, but if you can't sort by that column or otherwise then it wouldn't be any different then clicking the route info button and then copying the projected demand values to a spreadsheet for later reference, which is what most players do already.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 06:37:49 PM »
Due game play reasons there won't be filters on the demand.

(however there may be a "route research" feature in the future, and then it will be filterable too)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.