MANAGE ROUTE chart

Started by fxtorres, January 17, 2014, 11:02:12 AM

fxtorres

Hi:

Could you help me with the window "Manage Route"? I don't understand de "Yield, ¢ / RPK" and "Revenue, ¢ / ASK" columns; I guess it has to do with the "Revenue Passenger Kilometres (mil. km, last 2 wk)" and "Available Seat Kilometres (mil. km, last 2 wk)" in the Statistics (which I cannot understand either).

I would thank any explanations.

Thanx.

Jona L.

ASKAvailable Seat-Kilometers (Seat-Kilometer = Every seat in your a/c multiplied with the Kilometers flown).
RPKRevenue Passenger Kilometers (the seats-kilometers having been sold).
Yield/RPKThe money you make from each sold seat-kilometer. This value is simply the price a customer pays for one kilometer he flies, and does not deduct any cost. This value gives you the option to compare the "value" of passenger between flights of different lengths. You cannot compare the profitability of different Aircraft, as the cost for these were not being deducted.
Revenue/ASKThe money you make from every seat-kilometer offered. But, different to Yield/RPK this deducts all costs (as fuel, staff, lease, etc.) and divides the revenue over all seats available, also those not having been sold. Therefor this allows an easy comparison between the profitability on different Routes, Aircraft or Same Route with different Planes and vice versa.

extract from my (old) internal newbie guide for alliance members.... this part is actually more like very basic accounting, so sharable :)

Hope it helps :)

cheers,
[SC] Jona L.

fxtorres

Thank you. I understand it, but now I have to assimilate it   ;D

Thanx again!