Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: D check survivability  (Read 475 times)

Offline KevinIshRomero

• Members
D check survivability
« on: January 12, 2014, 12:50:20 AM »
Good evening, My question is geared more to when I jump ship from beginners world and head to a "normal" game. D checks can take up to 80 days for aircraft like the 777. If you ordered these new they are delivered around 2 per month. that means you would have 2/3 weeks of separation when the D check comes up. If you have 7 773's delivered at that rate (as I do now) when D check came around, at one point all of your aircraft would be in D check. Meaning that fleet is generating no revenue but rather eating away crew/maintenance cost. I understand that in real game worlds you don't make it big over night, so is the answer to lease them until they are just shy of D check? I have done this but feel that finding a suitable replacement can be difficult, old planes or ones that others have done the same with. And what if you own your planes? I guess I would just like some guidance as to how to handle this in a game world where money doesn't grow on trees overnight. Thanks guys!

Offline Cardinal

• Members
Re: D check survivability
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 01:20:47 AM »
If you buy them new then you have 8 years before D-checks come due, so that's 8 years to build up enough cash to get an extra plane or two. And the likelihood of you only flying 7 of them after 8 years is low. Now, if you have only seven 773s but a larger fleet of 772s, you can substitute the smaller planes for the duration of the D-checks. Alternatively, if you have only 7 of the  "ER/LR" version and your shorter-range 777s can't handle the ER flights, you could lease one or two planes short-term to cover the D-checks and start them early. You don't have to wait for the D-check to expire, you can do it early. My rule of thumb is that if the check expires within the duration of the check (i.e. within 60 days for a 737/A320) then I will do a check early if necessary to avoid a maintenance crisis later.

Offline KevinIshRomero

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 05:23:59 AM »
Thanks, that makes sense. Another thing I learned the hard way is that even C checks can stack up pretty quick. Definitely something to keep in mind when running tight schedules with few planes. Thanks.

ChristianParkes

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 11:50:53 PM »
My little airline was running somewhat smoothly until about half of my fleet of 13 was in C-check at the same time.

sergiormg

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 02:34:15 PM »
It would not be good to have a way to buy some planes and set them only to replace planes at D checks? I now have 122 planes and do it mannually will be a nightmare.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.