Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Buying plane are insaine?!  (Read 979 times)

Offline Flightman

• Members
Buying plane are insaine?!
« on: January 04, 2014, 09:35:05 PM »
Is there anymore interest to buy a plane rather than just lease? Long gameworlds it is allmost impossible to sell it after...
My opinion is, that there should be some "garantee price" u can sell it to the "system"...

Vallin Airlines brings your destination closer

Offline dmoose42

• Members
Re: Buying plane are insaine?!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 04:35:00 AM »
There is...you can scrap any plane for 30% of game assessed value after the aircraft is 10 years old.  Note that the book value of the aircraft may not be equal to the value of the plane due to the effects of inflation and depreciation.

Offline Karl

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 01:53:47 PM »
I try to buy at least one or two planes just to have some collateral for loans - especially for when things start "to go south".

Otherwise, I lease so that I can decide if a substitute aircraft is a better deal that doing the D check.

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 02:26:20 AM »
For most games, it is a good idea to buy aircraft once you have sufficient cash beyond the amount necessary to lease sufficient aircraft.  It improves cash flow significantly, giving you a buffer against competition and/or temporary declines in PAX demands.

Offline spiff23

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 03:10:40 PM »
There is...you can scrap any plane for 30% of game assessed value after the aircraft is 10 years old.  Note that the book value of the aircraft may not be equal to the value of the plane due to the effects of inflation and depreciation.

Yes...and with new accounting system, the 70% remaining value appears on your income statement as a loss for tax purposes!...although the caveat being this may be for planes bought before the change to SAMI accounting...not fully certain what happens for planes bought now and scrapped in 20 years.

Offline ANstar

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 05:26:27 PM »
I've had my F27's for 25 years... so they have had a good innings. Bought at something like $1.8M, 25 years service.  Book value is $700k and when I scrap them now I get $300k and then the rest is recorded as a loss for tax purposes.

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 05:49:32 PM »
I've had my F27's for 25 years... so they have had a good innings. Bought at something like $1.8M, 25 years service.  Book value is $700k and when I scrap them now I get $300k and then the rest is recorded as a loss for tax purposes.

which is also good because you might get money back :)

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 07:32:23 AM »
I've had my F27's for 25 years... so they have had a good innings. Bought at something like $1.8M, 25 years service.  Book value is $700k and when I scrap them now I get $300k and then the rest is recorded as a loss for tax purposes.

Me too but I'm getting about $480k each for mine, but this is only a 'hangover' of the change to the new accounting system - because the initial purchase price is not recorded so the book value is way too high. Under the new system, our $1.8m purchased F.27 will have fully depreciated to $180k book value after 25 years.  Unless the market value is higher (i.e. if a lot of people are buying second hand old F.27s) then I reckon we'll be getting just $60k each for them at scrap.  Still a good deal though for 25 years service.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.