Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: World Full  (Read 1654 times)

KM449

• Former member
Re: World Full
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 02:16:01 PM »
it really seems to work with the oversupplied routes...

Online [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2014, 04:31:08 PM »
If city based demand will be included also this exploit will be solved

KM449

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 11:30:30 AM »
The only downside is that I pay 800k for Slots from Melbourne to Sydney :'(

Online [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2014, 01:50:53 AM »
thats your choice... If you don't open the route nothing happens

KM449

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2014, 08:20:33 AM »
wow i never thought that! Thank you ::)

Online [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2014, 10:12:36 AM »
Welcome! Always happy to help out

KM449

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 11:39:15 AM »
And I always appreciate your help

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 07:12:38 PM »
started in a very competitive Atlanta 3 game years ago (and 32 years after the start of the game world)
By now have 160+ planes, 3.5bln annual revenue and 27% share of Atlanta.
So it is possible:)
Another important consideration is that demand should be increasing a lot in the 90-s, so in the next 5-10 years the number of passengers will probably double or triple - creating a lot of opportunities.
And finally many "old-timers" have old fleets - for example there are tons of DC8-60s there, etc - so at fuel costs start to rise, there will be lots of fun for those guys - again creating opportunities:)

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 10:25:32 PM »
Also, please note that only 26 of the airlines currently active in JA were created on the first day when the game started.  So there's definitely lots of opportunity to build a successful airline after the start of the game.

KM449

• Former member
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 12:57:27 PM »
Yeah i am so happy for you. I was succesfull at Melbourne. But now there are nearly no Slots anymore. For one Connection I pay about 800'000$ just for Slots. I think ok, lets invest that. But after several weeks of operating that route i still have loadfactors of 30%.$

That leads to NOTHING. I will bankrupt now and start over in 255 years when the next game world starts.

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 01:03:16 PM »
I just started an airline in BOM in DOTM that is doing reasonably well.  When I started there were 3 airlines with bases there and my airline has grown slowly but is profitable, making about 3m on 10m in revenue in an average week.  It does take a lot of patience, several game weeks is nowhere near enough to conclude whether or not you will be successful.  It probably took me two months to get to an operating profit and longer if you include leasing costs/etc.

I'm just saying that starting on day one is not a panacea as most airlines will BK for one reason or another over the course of the game.

Best of luck in your next game.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 02:05:10 PM »
Yeah i am so happy for you. I was succesfull at Melbourne. But now there are nearly no Slots anymore. For one Connection I pay about 800'000$ just for Slots. I think ok, lets invest that. But after several weeks of operating that route i still have loadfactors of 30%.$

That leads to NOTHING. I will bankrupt now and start over in 255 years when the next game world starts.

Still an ok number of slots left, and your airline looks small but profitable. You can use that cash for bigger planes, use existing slots to start flying LH. You'll be able to open another base soon, too.

If you want more profit, easier expansion, you need to make better choices about which routes to fly. 20 times/day to Sydney, and the sydney slots will also be quite expensive. You could dump half a dozen of those and probably have similar total pax numbers. Once to christchurch, where your best case after RI climbs is about 50 pax/flight, not much more than 30%. But only twice to Perth, not at all to gold coast, canberra, launceston, all routes that will offer a much better return.

You're declaring things to be impossible, leading to nothing, far too early, and incorrectly. From where you are, there's no reason you shouldn't end up #1 for marketshare in melbourne.

And if you want a less challenging airport, there are still plenty that are excellent places to start in. e.g. Vienna is practically empty, you'd be competing only against two other brand new airlines. Lisbon is near empty. Washington has a bucketload of slots. So does San Francisco. Pittsburgh is completely empty.

Fair enough if you want to quit because it's boring, etc. But if you're BKing and quitting because it's impossible to grow large, impossible to start now and become huge, you're wrong.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 02:09:11 PM by Sanabas »

KM449

• Former member
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 04:55:11 PM »
Thank you Sanabas. Ok it could be possible.

It's just that I even started to expand to longhaul(Singapore), but my Loadfactors stayed at about 15% which brought me into a pretty bad shape... I can't get rid of the plane now. Maybe I search another Airport, where I can expand better. I always wanted to be in the US.

Please don't try to find a solution for me, I don't want to steal your time :-[

I will look at other Airports.

And yeah. My Patience in this game is really a Problem. :-\ :-[

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.