Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Fleet commonality, again!  (Read 326 times)

Offline Tim

• Members
[-] Fleet commonality, again!
« on: December 31, 2013, 05:09:31 PM »
In current MT my airline operates A320, A330/340 & B777 aircraft. I've ordered 150 of 787-8, because I want to take some advantages of less fuel burn + want to retire 20-years old A330-300.

So, now I'm using 3 fleet types. And one more ordered, but it will take 10-15 game years to transfer some A330 & some B777 flights to 787. nd I will pay double commonality costs.

I also want to retire my old 777-300 which are flying to LHR & JFK, but I CAN'T AFFORD IT! Because, 5 fleet types will bankrupt my airline.

Is it happens in real world? No!

- Finnair: 4 fleet types & 1 more ordered
- Aeroflot: 7 fleet types & 3 more ordered
- British Airways: 7 fleet types & 1 more ordered
- Delta: 13 fleet types & 1 more ordered
- JAL: 4 fleet types & 1 more ordered
- United: 7 fleet types & 1 more ordered
- EL AL: 4 fleet types
- Air France: 5 fleet types & 2 more ordered
- KLM: 5 fleet types & 1 more ordered

As we see, in real world, big airlines usually uses lot of fleet types. And much more than 3 allowed to us in AWS.

Sami, it's become boring to stuck with same fleet types forever. And if you can't make a great realistic solution for fleet transitions, may be you will allow us to have more than 3 fleet types?

For example, we would be allowed to use 4 fleet types when airline become bigger that 200 a/c and 1 more fleet type for each 100-200 aircraft. Of course, there should be some penalty for using lot of fleet types. But even being based in NRT, i need to use at least 5 fleet types!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 05:11:49 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Fleet commonality, again!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 05:11:39 PM »
There is no need to start a new topic of an item that already has an open thread, just makes my work harder with duplicate threads with little or no new ideas.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.