Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Poor Demand to Spain  (Read 513 times)

Offline Atlantische Zeiler

• Members
Poor Demand to Spain
« on: December 29, 2013, 08:18:34 PM »
I was just wondering why it always seems like there is such little demand to cities in Spain, compared to most other similarly-sized cities in other European countries.

For example, the demand from ATL-BCN is ~140 pax, while the demand from ATL to other airports of similar size to BCN in Europe are well into the 200s in most cases.

Thanks.

Online [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
Re: Poor Demand to Spain
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 10:19:13 PM »
I was just wondering why it always seems like there is such little demand to cities in Spain, compared to most other similarly-sized cities in other European countries.

For example, the demand from ATL-BCN is ~140 pax, while the demand from ATL to other airports of similar size to BCN in Europe are well into the 200s in most cases.

Thanks.

Good question im based in MAD and have wondered the same to many us destinations

Offline xyeahtony

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 01:27:02 AM »

Thanks.

this will most likely be fixed when city-based demand is implemented.

Offline AeroJet

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 10:57:16 PM »
I haven't been around much in the last year but last I spoke with Sami, demand will be low unless evidence of real world traffic exists. Demand in Airwaysim is mainly based on real world available seats.

Offline xyeahtony

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 01:48:18 AM »
I haven't been around much in the last year but last I spoke with Sami, demand will be low unless evidence of real world traffic exists. Demand in Airwaysim is mainly based on real world available seats.

Istanbul to Izmir is the busiest air route in Europe, but has 140 seats in AWS.
LAX-SFO/OAK carries 6.3million pax a year but in AWS demand is less than 500 a day. (350k seats/month for LAX-SFO)
Seoul-Jeju has 840k seats/month and carried 10 million passengers in 2012; Demand in AWS is about 800/day. In fact, in terms of passengers transported, Seoul-Jeju is the world's busiest travel route. Just go to flightaware.com and look up the # of flights between the two cities.

There are many more city pairs than the ones i listed above. So there is plenty of evidence real world traffic exists for certain routes; they just never get implemented.

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 10:53:38 AM »
All your problems will be solved when city based demand is implemented.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 01:34:48 PM »
There are many more city pairs than the ones i listed above. So there is plenty of evidence real world traffic exists for certain routes; they just never get implemented.

The aim has NEVER been to try to mimic all of the real world routes to their real pax numbers. That is impossible. (And it will not be the aim of any future demand systems either)

Certain routes have some real life stats to back up the calculation, but only very few. If there are like million route combinations, only about 10k has this data, roughly.

Offline xyeahtony

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 01:04:34 AM »
of course not; it would be unrealistic to expect 100% real life accuracy. But some of the obvious ones should be modeled (Seoul-Jeju/Istanbul-Izmir/SFO-LAX) etc. As stated before, Seoul-Jeju is the world's busiest air route.

http://www.korea.net/NewsFocus/Travel/view?articleId=111821
The world’s busiest air route is between Jeju Island and Seoul. In 2012, statistics report 10.16 million passengers traveling between South Korea’s capital city and top domestic vacation destination.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.