Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] more aircraft options  (Read 298 times)

Offline meiru

• Members
[-] more aircraft options
« on: December 29, 2013, 12:41:25 AM »
I'd like to see more aircraft options. E.g. the 320s have been built with V2500-A1 engines and all this kind of stuff... of course, they should be available at different times... as well as little improvements... this could be introduced together with the "aircraft upgrades"... it make's it more difficult, but it would be nice to have even different empty weights and so on... so an older aircraft could have more disadvantages than a new one...

the only problem is, that you'd have to invent options that have never been available (like new enginges for... I don't know Tu-204, if it becomes a success in the game and there was a new version of the used engine) ...

I know... difficult, but... maybe in the future it would be nice to have
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:14:04 PM by sami »

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: more aircraft options
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 01:08:59 PM »
I think the issue with this proposal is that it over complicates the sim without doing more than minimally changing the sim.  The amount of coding necessary would far outweigh any potential change here

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 01:13:07 PM »
Engines and their availability vs date is already modelled, but have no data there so far..

So it's question of data really, technically it's pretty much all there.

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 02:32:49 PM »
Engines and their availability vs date is already modelled, but have no data there so far..

So it's question of data really, technically it's pretty much all there.

the dates can be guessed by using the production lists...

and... you guessed it... I'd like to have the V2528-D5 for the MD-90 :-) because that makes her a really competitive airliner
... and of course all the engines for the MD-80s would also be a good thing... and older engines for the 320 / 737 ...  ;D

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: [-] more aircraft options
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 02:38:34 PM »
data is always welcome, I can supply a list of existing planes/engines and first they'd have to be edited/filled with proper lanch dates for each engine (either with model launch or some later date) and only after that should new variants be added...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.