Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Route Oversupply  (Read 565 times)

Offline TPMP

• Members
Route Oversupply
« on: December 23, 2013, 03:16:21 PM »
Afternoon guys,

I've been getting route oversupply warnings on a couple of my routes and I was wondering if someone could have a look at them as they seem fine to me.

My airline is Algerian and the routes in question are A5139 KATL-DAAG and A5079 KATL-DAAG.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 05:09:22 PM by TPMP »

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
Re: Route Oversupply
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 04:43:30 PM »
Check flights in both directions as it is likely that your late flight 18:45pm on Wed or Thurs (can't recall which) out of DAAG is OK....but the return flight out of KATL is doubling up on an already scheduled day.

The graphic should show KATL - DAAG ....5 days with 1 flight each day, 1 day with 2 flights and 1 day with no flights
The day with 2 flights is where your Oversupply message is coming from

Move the 18:45 pm flight to earlier in the day (if you can) problem solved

PS - the 18:45pm dept flight is arriving at 23:45pm....which is in the dead zone of 23:00hrs to 5:00hrs and should be avoided as it will result in a loss of potential pax
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:47:27 PM by Kadachiman »

Offline TPMP

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 05:08:43 PM »
Thanks for that informative reply. I'm on my phone at the moment so will check it later. I also hadn't realised that the dead zone started so early, thanks for letting me know.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 05:59:12 PM »
No problems

It is best to be in the sky flying between 22:55hrs and 05:00hrs, If I can't fit this into my schedules I stay on the ground parked up...as it appears to be a waste of time flying (costs vs revenue)
Try to avoid departure and arrivals between the above hours....check both ends of schedule

Many game airlines do dept and arrive in the 'dead zone' but I have found that cost cutting tickets for pax to fly 'red-eye' is a waste of effort...so I just avoid it

PS - some say 23:00hrs, others say 22:55hrs...so I use 22:55hrs to be safe.....not sure on what the real answer is.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 07:19:25 PM »
I don't notice a drop using 23xx. I notice a drop using 00xx or 04xx, and a bigger drop if using 01xx-03xx.

Offline TPMP

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 08:22:17 PM »
The graphic should show KATL - DAAG ....5 days with 1 flight each day, 1 day with 2 flights and 1 day with no flights
The day with 2 flights is where your Oversupply message is coming from

That was where the problem was, thanks. It confused me as it looked normal on the route planning page, with one flight per day.

Yeah I personally thought the dead zone started after 00:00. In any case, a large portion of my flights arrive after 00:00 simply because a lot of my flights are 900NM and over. I also thought that the peak take off time started at 05:30. If it starts at 05:00 that would give me a bit more leverage.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.