Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Price flexibility - demand at high fares  (Read 530 times)

11oceans

• Former member
Price flexibility - demand at high fares
« on: December 22, 2013, 09:12:54 PM »
I am considering introducing much smaller aircraft on some of my routes at a considerably higher fare. Can I assume that I can press up Y fares drastically and still attract some upper-segment potential, "a few business people paying for the whole flight"? Or will there be no upmarket potential if route demand data shows there is no C or F class demand on that particular route? I am not sure how the game engine handles this.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Price flexibility - demand at high fares
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 09:19:12 PM »
If the route is much underserved you can increase the prices considerably ..

(was just testing in one scenario where route had ~1000/day demand, and I was the only airline with about 300 seats/day and +30% to prices didn't really make any difference to the LF (= ~full)   .. but when you got competition or serve the full demand, the situation is of course different)

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: Price flexibility - demand at high fares
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 01:06:53 AM »
There will be no C/F PAX if demand graphics don´t show demand for those classes, whatever you do.The more underserved a route is, the higher is the price tolerance of PAX of all classes.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.