Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Sudden fuel spike -- bug???  (Read 798 times)

Offline jkwicinski

• Members
Sudden fuel spike -- bug???
« on: December 20, 2013, 04:10:20 PM »
Friends, Romans, countrymen...

I have 100% of my fuel hedged right now, as well as an ongoing fuel management contract -- so there should be only a minimal fluctuation in my fuel costs, depending on winds and the occasional cancellation and whatnot.

I just started some new flights, so I expect to spend more in fuel. However, over the past few days my fuel costs inside each route have practically DOUBLED -- take a look at the pictures below. Can anyone shed light on what's going on? This shouldn't be happening if I have everything hedged.

alexis08

• Former member
Re: Sudden fuel spike -- bug???
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 04:50:53 PM »
i belive its like anyother when fuel spikes like auto it goes up and down ;)

Offline jkwicinski

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 06:11:11 PM »
I agree, except that I have all of my fuel pricing locked in -- 100% hedged -- so the net cost of fuel shouldn't vary beyond changes caused by cancellations, or variations caused by the algorithm for winds and flight time.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 06:53:19 PM »
The best theory I've got is daylight savings time.  The game ended up flying the route twice in one day as a result of falling back, but that just seems silly.  I assume you didn't change aircraft on the route?  Maybe there was weather issues and they circled for a bit before landing?

The real interesting part is that not only did your fuel spike, but so did revenue.  Maybe sami is testing cargo on your routes :)

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 05:46:52 PM »
I suppose a fuel supplier contract could have ended at that time, but it shouldn't make THAT much difference unless it was a VERY good deal.  I've never seen one about about 8.8% - and that would only be for the outbound leg of each trip. It seemed to level out again quite quickly.  Has it happened again?  Perhaps it was a 'blip' to do with the introduction of the new accounting system.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 06:18:50 PM »
He could have also gone on a scheduling bender or swapped routes between planes without closing them...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.